Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Predictions for 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Predictions for 2012

As every one is making prediction or looking ahead, perhaps we should do the same and close the thread around 15th Jan? Then we could review it next year?

Euro to limp on, but I suspect we will see at least one country leave.

Sakorzy not to be re-elected, but Obama will be (maybe with the help of some hanging chads - )

US Naval forces to clash with Iran.

UK's coalition to continue and Ed Milliband to stay Labour leader. There will be trouble at the Olympics.
    Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Easy one !

UK Unemployment hits Three Million.

More Busineses, large and small go bust.

Inflation of Fuel and Luxury goods hits 20% (again).

Yet more Murder Suicides (five in Uk over the last month).

Depression bites.

All over in August.
    Humbling and possibly relaxing too
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3x2sUbHD6qg

Comment

Hmmm?

I find myself at at a loss just now. As Yoda once wisely said " Always in motion is the future"...()
      Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

It'll be like 2011 + 1
        forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
        2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
        3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

I predict that I will be sick and tired of hearing about the freaking Myans by the year's end. I will go out on a limb and predict that those predicting end of the world thanks to the Mayan calender will not learn anything when the world does'nt end and will move onto the next stupid prediction in 2013.

Comment

I predict the average pay increase will be about 0% but those at board-room level will exceed 30%. I also predict that the Oxford English Dictionary will not add modern usage descriptors to the term "meritocracy".

Comment

I predict that the sun will rise in the east and set in the west and that I'll go for a pint tonight.

Everything else is down to chance.

Comment

No doubt the Govt will perpetuate the lie that "times are hard" just so they can have an excuse for doing nothing except lining their pockets and weakening The Welfare State.
                Cowards!
                "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

the financial and economic crisis will deepen and our so called " masters " will think that democracy is a luxury item they cannot afford ....

Comment

Many things will happen.

There will be a portent.

A best friend of yours has an address with a "2" in it: his name begins with a "P" or a "J"....or maybe an "M"...no? Did I say "J" already Can I buy a vowel?

UncleDes will drink then post strange posts on a website and will sleep on the sofa.

Des
                    Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Actually: a serious one. There WILL actually be a Hawkwind coverband jam session in upstate New York organized by UncleDes. Already got the ball rolling on Facebook and the Hawkwind website.
                      Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

I predict a riot...

Comment

Je ne sais pas

Originally posted by Pebble View Post
                          (...)

Sakorzy not to be re-elected, but Obama will be (maybe with the help of some hanging chads - )

(...)
                          May be for Obama, but Sarkozy...
                          USA citizens re-elected W. Bush, and I am not sure that we (the frogs) are more intelligent !
                          I swear on the Runestaff : I hope you are right Pebble !
                          I hope you are right Pebble !
                          Papi

Comment

I think Ron Paul will run as an independent and Obama will win with less than 50 percent of the vote - reminiscent of the Clinton/Perot/Bush race almost 20 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                              I predict that I will be sick and tired of hearing about the freaking Myans by the year's end.

Comment

Working...
                              X