Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Rick Perry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rick Perry

Wearing a jacket last seen on Brokeback Mountain, Rick Perry commits political suicide by anti-gay stupidity and claiming martyrdom by taking the outrageous step of once again proclaiming himself to be a member of the largest religious group in the United States.

I'm gonna follow in his stride and boldly declare that I am A HUMAN BEING! Wow! There... I said it: start stoning me now.....

Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

And Mr. Gingrich says the Palestinian people are an invention! Well, perhaps. They seem to have been invented in biblical times as the "Philistines". Which makes their "invention" a wee bit older than that of the Pennsylvanians among who Gingrich was born.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/dec/10/palestinians-invented-people-newt-gingrich

Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by UncleDes View Post
      Wearing a jacket last seen on Brokeback Mountain, Rick Perry commits political suicide by anti-gay stupidity and claiming martyrdom by taking the outrageous step of once again proclaiming himself to be a member of the largest religious group in the United States.
      I guess you can give him points for being concise and getting straight to the point.
      http://final-frame-final.blogspot.com/

Comment

I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm an atheist. But you don't need to be at a Richard Dawkins convention to know that there's something wrong in this country when religion steals the political spotlight in a time of economic crisis. As president I'll ensure the separation of church and state and I'll fight against conservative attacks on our political heritage. Reason made America strong. It can make her strong again. I'm some guy and I approve this message.

Edit:

Joking aside I think Mr. Perry needs to get his facts straight. Children do pray in schools, even public schools. What's been blocked is school-directed prayer. I've never heard any report of a child being told that they cannot pray on their own. When I was in High School we had a club that met before school and the kids in it prayed around the flag pole every morning. Personally, I thought it was incredibly creepy/odd of them but no one told them they couldn't.
        Last edited by ThanosShadowsage; 12-12-2011, 08:32 AM. Reason: Added more to post.

Comment

I think it's a neat political move to set him up for the next stab at the presidency in 2016. "I was vilified for standing up for my Christian values".

Err... no. You were failing in the polls and fell on a sword of your own making in a bizarre act of autocanonisation.

Merry Christmas, Mr Perry you can bring some presents: gold, frankinsence...and oohh that third one...what was it again?
          Last edited by UncleDes; 12-18-2011, 07:56 AM.
          Spacerockmanifesto on Facebook

Hawkwind tabs

Comment

Originally posted by UncleDes View Post
            I ...
            Merry Christmas, Mr Perry you can bring some presents: gold, frankinsence...and oohh that third one...what was it again?
            If I'm not mistaken those items were used in mummification. Hopefully if present it's because this campaign, not to mention this attitude of holier than thou, has given up the ghost.

Not trying to offend any believers out there but I'm sorry Mr, Perry, Mr. Bush, Ms Bachmann and all the rest of you politicians but if there really is a god in the Judeo-Chrisian sense out there I would expect he's a bit more occupied with other stuff as to give a rat's patoot as to which of you idiots are running for office.
            herb

Man spends his time on devising a more idiot proof computer. The universe spends its time devising bigger idiots. So far the universe is winning.

http://www.wolfshead.net/wolfshowl

http://www.wolfshead.net/books

Comment

God on his side?

I know that i will pray to God for an Obama re-election...
              Mwana wa simba ni simba

The child of a lion is also a lion - Swahili Wisdom

Comment

Good grief! Now you've put the pictures next to each other, I see what you mean. Who dressed him, I wonder?

Whoever it was deserves a brand new blu-Ray copy of, The Wizard of Oz!

Comment

Going back to that video, I read somewhere that it uses the music of Aaron Copeland - an openly gay US composer who died in 1990

(Although it seems a little strange to me that the rights-holder would allow the music to be used in this context)

Comment

Never underestimate the lack of knowledge and the capacity to despise people of some politicians.

That's the sort of question who should be talked about :

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/a...azy-to-believe

Easier to delve in religion .....

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Murphy View Post
                      Going back to that video, I read somewhere that it uses the music of Aaron Copeland - an openly gay US composer who died in 1990

(Although it seems a little strange to me that the rights-holder would allow the music to be used in this context)
                      The rights holder ain't always the force behind the music except for maybe financial backing. They probably couldn't care less about Copeland being gay if they can make a buck off it. Maybe the owner supports Perry. Maybe he just has a sense of irony and is getting a private laugh at the context and the message while making the buck. And unless one of the big blog sources put it out there most people won't ever know even tho some such as you will catch it.
                      herb

Man spends his time on devising a more idiot proof computer. The universe spends its time devising bigger idiots. So far the universe is winning.

http://www.wolfshead.net/wolfshowl

http://www.wolfshead.net/books

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfshead View Post
                        ...just has a sense of irony and is getting a private laugh at the context and the message while making the buck.
                        I've been thinking that about the marketing consultant they got to plan the commercial. It just seems too coincidental. For these advertisements every little detail is planned ahead of schedule. It's not difficult to imagine that someone hired for marketing/PR had a sense of humor.

Comment

Rachel Maddow has drawn attention to another of Perry's little quirks. Better warn Mike to stay well out of hand's reach of the Texas Gov.
                          http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/1...html?ref=media

Rachel Maddow Delights In Rick Perry's Beard Comments

Huffington Post. 12/20/11

Rachel Maddow took great pleasure in what she called "the best new thing in the world" Monday night: "Rick Perry's newly annunciated fondness for facial hair. Other people's facial hair."

Maddow played clips of Perry at a New Hampshire campaign event where he described a man as having a "beautiful beard." Maddow pointed out that Perry's beard comment was not a one-off remark. According to an ABC News campaign embed, Perry reportedly tugged at a man's full beard at a stop in Iowa on Saturday. Perry also complimented another person's beard and lamented that he was unable "to grow one of his own."

When the man described his beard as "ZZ Top-ish," Perry took a moment to share his fond memory of playing the drums with the band once. Maddow described ZZ Top as having "the best beards of all."

Maddow referred to Perry's beard comments as a trend of sorts. She said that Perry was "consistently and entertainingly and apparently sincerely fond of the beards of his fellow Americans."

"I love it!" Maddow said.

So I said to him, '"Get your stinking paws off me you damn dirty Governor!'

Comment

Too bad Fidel Castro has retired, this sounds like it could have become a beautiful love story between Perry and him ...
                            Google ergo sum

Comment

Well, L'Etranger, it sounds like it is something Mike could write ... after all, in Dancers At The End Of Time, he makes Hitler and Mussolini much more intimate than previously imagined:

Lord Jagged reached over and kissed Jherek heartily upon the lips. "Yes! It must be played out in every small detail. Your friends will help. They will give you tips. They'll consult the literatures of the ages to glean the best of the love stories and you will act them out. Gorgon and Queen Elizabeth. Romeo and Julius Caesar. Windermere and Lady Oscar. Hitler and Mussolini. Fred and Louella. Ojiba and Obija. Sero and Fidsekalak. The list goes on — and on! And on, dear Jherek!"
                              sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
                              And incense the power of man with God
                              But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
                              And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
                              by Peter Cape

Comment

Working...
                              X