Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New *Conservitive* theisis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New *Conservitive* theisis

Why not post a Conservative thesis statement in a new thread? That's what this site really needs. A conservative voice that can offer something for the libs to analyze for a change, as a starting point. That would be something new here.
    Bush ain't all bad.

There, I said it! And it felt good!

Let's see you liberal pinkos try to argue with my flawless logic!

(Please be kind. I'm quite sensitive for a right-wing nut job and the opinion of people I've never met is very importaint to me!)

Yours in Christ,
    d
    Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

:lol:

I have an image in my mind...

A guy tied up-- legs tied, arms tied behind his back
    and he says, "Hit me! Hit me!!"

Politics is serious, but this thread isn't!!!!!
    \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
    Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

:?

Ahhh... and you are who to decide for others what is serious and what is not? You are who to decide what needs and needs not be responded to?

Perhaps it is possible to miss the enitre point of what you read, no? Perhaps my previous comments relate less to U.S. politics than the politics of this forum? Perhaps they were my opinion of what is happening on the forum and what it is in danger of becoming. A thing which you may have illustrated better than I ever could?

Perhaps the lack of conservative hypotheses is less due to a lack of conservative opinions then of other factors...?
      Don\'t blame me; I voted for Trixitroxi Ro!

Comment

Well, duggm, I didn't take your post very seriously, either. Not because I didn't "get it" but because it truly seemed your tongue was firmly planted in your cheek. I mean, come on, "liberal pinkos" and "right-wing nut job?" You can't actually have expected anyone to think you were serious.

But, judging by your reply to Jerico, I'm starting to think your post wasn't as ironic as it appeared to be, so...

Originally posted by duggm
        Perhaps the lack of conservative hypotheses is less due to a lack of conservative opinions then of other factors...
        Like what?

Could it be, oh I don't know... lack of decent support for conservative arguments? The right on this particular board often have a hard time providing factual support for their claims. That isn't any liberal's fault, is it? But when asked to support their statements, they act like they've been slapped in the face! Then a liberal gets frustrated with circular, unsupported argument and says as much and all of a sudden people are complaining that the forums are getting too personal. Sheesh. Cry me a river. I see the same crap happening on every political board I visit; it's actually a lot worse in most cases. MWM is a pretty intellectual forum.

You know, the more I look at it, the more it appears this thread wasn't started as much to inspire intelligent debate as it was to incite a flame war. Well, it worked... I guess.

So anyway, tell us the truth: are you a "liberal pinko" or a "right-wing nut job"?
        "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
        --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Kumbaya Milord! Kumbaya
          \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
          Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Working...
          X