Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Vicious attack

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vicious attack

Originally posted by Foozle
    They either don't have jobs (for whatever reasons: retired, great wealth, out of work and looking, etc), are self-employed and lack the discipline for real work, or are simply paid to be the voice of the right-wing and sow dissension amongst the progressives.
    Self-Employed people "lack the discipline for real work"!!!!!!!

My, that's a Progressive opinion to hold my friend!

I'm a self-employed IT contractor, and I can tell you, it takes heaps more discipline to go out there and chase up every hour of work you do. It takes a lot of discipline to get down to a project that last week you knew nothing about and bring it in on time and on budget. It takes a lot of dicipline to study new techniques and follow the market when you're not working and it takes a whole shed load full of discipline to fill out your tax returns! (and your own timesheets, invoicing, credit control, contract arrangement, non-disclosure agreements etc) ALL without sick-leave, paid holidays, pensions or company healthcare.

And it takes all the discipline in the world to wait 40 days to be paid, while the bills pile up on the doormat.

Of course, its difficult to do all that AND hold time my full-time job as right-wing republican bulletin-board infiltrator.

By their works shall ye know them.
    fuck off.
    \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Originally posted by M-A_19
    They either don't have jobs (for whatever reasons: retired, great wealth, out of work and looking, etc), are self-employed and lack the discipline for real work, or are simply paid to be the voice of the right-wing and sow dissension amongst the progressives.
    Self-Employed people "lack the discipline for real work"!!!!!!!

My, that's a Progressive opinion to hold my friend!

fuck off.
    M-A_19, you are over-reacting. I have been an IT contractor for the last 4 years. I didn't take it they way you took it.

By they, he means:

"I hope I am not out of line for suggesting that Bill's job may actually be to come to sites like this one and post his anti-progressive messages. I don't know if it's paranoia or not, but lot's of progressive boards have frequent trolls that go there just to post opposing viewpoints. "

Foozle's not characterizing contractors or unemployed people. He's characterizing trolls. Please, don't tell my visitors to fuck off any more.
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

You're taking that completely the wrong way. You are personalizing a series of suggested guesses I made about persons that have hundreds of hours to troll message boards and taking it as if I meant you specifically. You are taking this statement completely out of context. Did you think I wouldn't notice that fact and respond to you as if you had taken the message in context instead?

Well, feel free to be offended. I guess you think of yourself as a person that is paid to troll this board. I don't know if that would be a welcome intrusion here. I expect all are welcome, but perhaps not if it is specifically someone's job to "troll" the message boards.

I really don't know how to reply to that. Despite your self-righteous indignation about what you think I have stated (and poorly understood); I have a great deal of respect for hard-working people - but perhaps not for message board trolls out to cause trouble.

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
        Please, don't tell my visitors to fuck off any more.
        With full respect to your position as sysAdmin, aren't they Mike's visitors?

In the past you have said that you did not ban the use of swearwords, my usage of the expletive was in line with your stated usage policy, My apologies if I misinterpreted that policy.

Foozle made a statement (the suggestion that Bill was most likely a employee of the intelligence services (specifically the FBI) paid to opress us poor liberals) That I simply couldn't dignify with an argument. Yes it was on over reaction on my part to post my contempt for that statement instead of say, nothing. but hey, isn't over-reaction what this thread is all about?

As for any accusation of trolling, please search for posts by M-A_19.
        by my works shall ye know me.
        \"It got worse. He needed something to cure himself. What? he asked. M-A 19 he answered.\"

Comment

I really don't know what I've done to deserve this kind of mean personal attack. I didn't command you. I politely requested that you not be so mean to others. It was obvious to me that you misinterpreted what Foozle had said. But your lack of apology too Foozle and the personal attack on me is another form of social hacking. You demonstrated to the whole world that you can tell someone to fuck off and the sys admin can't stop you. Congratulations M-A_19. You really showed us something. You aren't welcome here anymore, you big meanie. Please delete your account and go away.

:(

Originally posted by M-A_19
          Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
          Please, don't tell my visitors to fuck off any more.
          With full respect to your position as sysAdmin, aren't they Mike's visitors?

In the past you have said that you did not ban the use of swearwords, my usage of the expletive was in line with your stated usage policy, My apologies if I misinterpreted that policy.
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Working...
          X