Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Im McTalbayne and i Approved this message...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im McTalbayne and i Approved this message...

Why is it that when they play these campaign adds of candidates spouting off about how great they are and how the other guy sucks, they say at the end, "Im (Insert name here) and i approved this message." I would imagine they approved it since it was them speaking for the 30 seconds. Am i missing something here?

To distinguish these adds from the ones that groups like MoveOn.org and Swiftboat Veterans for Truth create. This allows candidates to disassociate themselves from the nasty attacks while still benefiting from them.

Comment

Good answer, Kitsune. Good answer. That is precisely the reason.
      "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
      --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Ahhhh, i guess that would make sense now wouldnt it.

Comment

Those statements are also tacked on because the (relatively) new campaign laws require them to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
            Those statements are also tacked on because the (relatively) new campaign laws require them to be.
            Theres a law that says they have to say that they approve what they just said? Man thats a mouthful. :lol:

Comment

Working...
            X