Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

One more Genocidal Maniac caught

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • silverhand
    Citizen of Tanelorn
    • Feb 2004

One more Genocidal Maniac caught

Looks like Ratko Mladic is on his way to the Hague & the I.C.C. at last. Now he's saying he's too ill to be extradited. Funny how when they're caught these big tough killers are suddenly so ill. Not very edifying.
    Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!
  • Vazkar Asquinol
    Champion of the Balance
    • Oct 2007

I'm glad the finally caught this guy. Read somewhere that he had a "series of strokes when he was on the lam".

How convenient.
    "An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." -Robert A. Heinlein

"If I accept you as you are, I will make you worse; however, if I treat you as though you are what you are capable of becoming, I will help you become that." -Johann Wolfgang Goethe

"Man once surrendering his reason, has no remaining guard against absurdities the most monstrous, and like a ship without rudder, is the sport of every wind." -Thomas Jefferson

Comment

• Rothgo
      Champion of the Unbalanced
      • Aug 2006

"Finally caught" is a hard line to swallow sadly, not from yourself VA, but the media/establishment in general. Mostly everyone knew where he was but the Serbians didn't want him arrested and "the west" are rather embarrassed by their own actions in regard to this horror of a 'man' so never pushed it. He's now old, feeble, and time for the Serbian gov. to cash him in for whatever political goodwill it might buy them. With friends like these etc.

Comment

• silverhand
        Citizen of Tanelorn
        • Feb 2004

It certainly seems to stretch coincidence a bit far when there's an EU representative visiting Serbia & they're desperate to get into the EU. Then whoops, suddenly they've arrested him. The illness bit doesn't set that well either, according to BBC News24, one minute the "frail old guy" is having a blazing row with the judge, then he's ordering books in Russian, strawberries & cream & challenging the prosecutor to a game of chess. Anyway we've got plenty of good doctors in the EU, so he'd get better treatment than any of poor people he had butchered.
        Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

• Pebble
          Eternal Champion
          • Dec 2006

I am not surprised at all, as it was commented on yesterday. If he has terminal illness, one more thing he can sacrifice of his country, adding to his own legend in his and fellow believers' eyes. Of course, he has lived more years than some of his victims. It is ironic that whilst the EU sat around wringing its hands and doing nothing in its own back yard, we saw a return to the dark days of WW2.
          Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

• L'Etranger
            Veteran Moorcockista
            • Dec 2003

It is certainly a bit of a consolation for the victims' relatives and the survivors that it finally happened.
            Serbia knew she wouldn't be getting anywhere without turning him over to the ICC. That's in the Netherlands, if you are not aware of it, and maybe his "friend", the Dutch Colonel in charge of the UN battalion in Srebrenica would like to drop by and have another drink with him.

And can I take to opportunity to remind you that not all countries in which our Miscellany members reside have ratified the membership treaty accepting the authority of the ICC. Which means the treaty is not in force there, while it is in Serbia.
            Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
            X