Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Fracking Lancashire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fracking Lancashire

If you live in Lancashire you should savour your drinkable water while you still have it because if David Cameron has his way you won't have it for much longer. On the well-known principle that there's no American idea so bad it won't eventually be tried over here, he wants to bring 'fracking' to the UK:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann..._b_862008.html

Cameron must be a Yorkshireman.

Comment

They're going to start doing the very thing in our wee province, and saner heads never prevail in this backwater.
      Any fool can make a rule, and any fool will mind it.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Blackpool Earthquake

Hmm, it turns out they've already started fracking and it's already causing problems. We may need the fuel from gas shales but this is clearly a terrible technology:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_869594.html

Comment

It was on last night's news that they've stopped because of a minor earthquake. Unsure as to whether the fracking caused it or not. Either way it sounds a terrible technology. But "Dodgy Dave" won't stand in its way. But then his government's done so many U-turns it must be disapearing up its own wormhole.
          Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

Alberta woman sues over 'flaming water'

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/video/canew...-25584883.html

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

There was a recent episode of CSI about precisely this problem.

http://www.sidereel.com/CSI/season-11/episode-8

Comment

Haven't been watching the show much of late, Porcus, missed this'n.

I'm assuming many of the folk on here may have already seen this flic, but for those who haven't, check it out.

Gasland (2010)

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Lancashire has a major coal mining history, going back several hundred years. Many of the old colliery shafts are lost and forgotten. Who knows what surprises may await if fracking continues?

Comment

Whoa.....i just came across this guys and cant believe what im reading.
                    This crap cant be allowed to continue if theres lives at risk.
                    It might sound like pissing in the wind to some but i just sent that article to my local MP(even though i dont live anywhere near Lancashire)and asked him where he and his party(SNP) stand on this.
                    He better answer!
                    "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Our provincial guv' is allowing Southwestern Energy to explore fracking in our province, while Quebec has established a moratorium on it. The same company who is presently being sued for the very thing in the US. Oh, the wisdom of New Brunswick politicians.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Our provincial guv' is allowing Southwestern Energy to explore fracking in our province, while Quebec has established a moratorium on it. The same company who is presently being sued for the very thing in the US.

Our guv sent rep's to speak to Southwestern to gather info on the fracking procedures but never interviewed a single person who has been allegedly harmed by the process.

Several New Brunswick cabinet ministers have travelled to the United States and have met with state governments to discuss the regulatory regime that governs the controversial mining process.
                        Northrup said he's also hoping to get more information from people who are now suing Southwestern Energy to better understand the problems they encountered.
                        "We never got a chance to talk to any of them but we plan in the future by talking either by phone or even going back again with myself and a couple of other people," he said.
                        Full article.

Oh, the wisdom of New Brunswick politicians.

~Henry David Thoreau

Comment

Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
                          That sir is a joke in very poor taste.
                          "Mud and voles for my Lord Arioch!"
                          Elric by the Riverbank

Comment

Originally posted by Nalga View Post
                            Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post
                            That sir is a joke in very poor taste.
                            Not if you're from the correct side of the Pennines it isn't.

Comment

I grew up in Lancashire and we had some of the best tap water possibly in the world!

Damm Cameron! I dont like the Tories at all! Lancashire isnt a Tory stronghold!
                              Please Check out my Musical Dedication to work of Michael Moorcock

THE END OF ALL SONGS
                              We are looking to collaborate with anybody else interested in making Moorcock themed music - contact me here or on soundcloud.

Comment

Working...
                              X