Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Exploring the human condition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exploring the human condition

Probably my last posted project for a while, because my wallet insists it is, is funding for this documentary that goes from Cape Town to Cairo, simply asking the questions, “What makes you happy?” “Where would you like to wake up tomorrow morning?” “What would you like to happen at the end of the day?”

The full project website is here. Thanks for looking!
    Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

Looks interesting. I wonder whether the answers received in north Africa will have changed as a result of recent events.

For the record, my answers to your three questions are:

What makes me happy? The security blanket provided by a warm home, peace and quiet, good company and a stack of unread books.

Where would you like to wake up tomorrow morning? Next to my wife

What would you like to happen at the end of the day? The answer to A followed by bed with the answer to B.

Thought provoking questions though.....

Comment

What makes me happy? Sleep

Where would you like to wake up tomorrow morning? I'd sooner skip this part

What would you like to happen at the end of the day? Sleep
      forum

1. a meeting or assembly for the open discussion of subjects of public interest
      2. a medium for open discussion, such as a magazine
      3. a public meeting place for open discussion

Comment

I misread that as Sheep EA!

What makes you happy.......drugs and a delicately toned calf muscle on a lady.
        Where would i like to wake up......at a King Crimson reunion gig.
        What would i like to happen at the end of the day.......be given a nailed on guarantee that im going to wake up!!
        "I hate to advocate drugs,alcohol,violence or insanity to anyone,but they've always worked for me"

Hunter S Thompson

Comment

It's all kind of based on what we're going through at the time, right? The grass is always greener and all that.

A less-than-60 hour work week would make me very happy, but I'm busy these days. Ask me the same question when I am working 40 hours a week and I will have a different answer.

Probably the best way for me to answer this would be to answer it once a month for a year, and then combine the results to see what really makes me happy.
          "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
          --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Of course, it only (might) answer what people think may make them happy - not necessarily what would or does. For example, we (probably) all know of the many studies showing that giving stuff away makes people feel happier than getting stuff. But will anyone say that?

Comment

The project funding failed, epically. It was just not meant to be.

Comment

Any thing to do with you DP?

http://happiness-survey.com/survey/

Or this one?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/e...questions.html
                Papa was a Rolling Stone......

Comment

Heh well I was just a concerned supporter of this one drive, but had no involvement in its creation. And the Kickstarter manager for that project didn't seem to do much to proliferate/advertise the idea, so it's not a huge surprise that it didn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by porcus_volans View Post

For the record, my answers to your three questions are:

What makes me happy? The security blanket provided by a warm home, peace and quiet, good company and a stack of unread books.

Where would you like to wake up tomorrow morning? Next to my wife

What would you like to happen at the end of the day? The answer to A followed by bed with the answer to B.
                    Wow, exactly 100% my answers too.
                    "Never get so attached to a poem
                    you forget truth that lacks lyricism"
                    Joanna Newsom

Comment

Originally posted by dylerpillar View Post
                      “What makes you happy?”
                      Nowadays I'd have to say "My kids" and to a lesser extent reading various books.

“Where would you like to wake up tomorrow morning?”
                      Somewhere near the Atlas mountains. Somewhere quiet with a vast vista.

“What would you like to happen at the end of the day?”
                      A full on rave party with plenty of Menog and Shift, and Pleiadians, being played; and plenty of acid.
                      "Mud and voles for my Lord Arioch!"
                      Elric by the Riverbank

Comment

Working...
                      X