Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Seattle band wants to play Zimbabwe festival

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dylerpillar
    Freelance Writing and Editing Unprofessional
    • Aug 2008

Seattle band wants to play Zimbabwe festival

This is a much smaller project, involving a Seattle-area band with a social conscience. They have been invited to the Harare International Festival of the Arts, but the challenge is simply being able to pay to get there. The page itself has indications of what causes are associatedc here, like the preservation of traditional Cape Verde music, and awareness of the orphans of AIDS in Zimbabwe. The performance will no doubt spread the word.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...goes-to-africa
    Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985
  • dylerpillar
    • Aug 2008

A relevant message from Johnny Fernandes.

First the good news:

To all of you who have embraced this project wholeheartedly, I'd like to say:
    Thank you. Obrigado. Arigato. Gracias. Grazie. Merci. Danke. Tatenda.
    In this past month it has been wonderful to follow what started off as an idea and watch it morph into something concrete with real numbers and a shape that looks like a mountain. Some of you have even gone back to your original pledges and increased them. Thanks Dana and Dylan!
    I'd also like to say a big 'Thank You' to Fitz, Catherine, Kate and Sinuhe. Fitz and Becca Cahall, both ardent fans of Publish The Quest, recently published a podcast about the band's trip to Cape Verde. Check out their site: The Dirtbag Diaries

Your support has been tremendous - as of this writing, the project has raised $3225.
    Then, as life would have it, the bad...

It's with great sadness that I must let you know that we may have to cancel the trip to HIFA.
    It's so frustrating. If Jacob had only told me what was on his mind before we started this campaign, I wouldn't be writing this.
    So that you all know the reason, Jacob has decided that as a form of protest against the global music machine, he will stop singing and playing music for a year!
    What? Dude, that makes no sense at all!
    That's exactly what I said! I really like and respect Jacob, but sometimes I feel like pulling my hair out - except that there's none to pull!!! I'm all for protests and taking a stand, and having a conscience but this seems more like sticking a stick in the spokes! Say that three times: Sticking a stick in the spokes. Sticking a stick in the spokes. Sticking a stick in the spokes.
    Say it, but don't sing it!!! So Jacob says! Are you happy now? Yes, I'm mad. I was looking forward to going to the land of my birth. I was looking forward to meeting up with friends I haven't seen in decades. I was looking forward to walking barefoot on the red earth.
    PLEASE people, I'm pleading with you - leave a comment on this KickStarter page asking Jacob to change his mind
    After you've done that please read this

.The sun made me do it! We only have $275 to go, and 7 days to get there. So let's do it!

[Edit: C'est un "April Fools Joke".]
    Last edited by dylerpillar; 04-01-2011, 12:18 PM. Reason: It was an April Fools joke. I was had!

Comment

• dylerpillar
      • Aug 2008

This project is now fully funded. Thanks for reading!

Comment

Working...
      X