Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Found a new political web site..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Found a new political web site..

http://www.moveonplease.org/

I think I like this one.
    :D

"Everything Bad Fault Of Rumsfeld
    Scientists have found Secretary of Defense, Donald Rumsfeld, genetically culpable for every contrary event and effect in modern history, including morbid obesity, the Philadelphia Phillies' 23 game losing streak in 1959 and Carrot Top. "

I'm taking credit for this idea...

Comment

hmmm, well I had wondered. that proves it then :)

Comment

I detect a tongue in cheek.

Whatever.

Bush will win.

As the President of the United States rules the world, shouldn't we all get a vote :?:

Might be a change then. :lol:
        \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Well, no, Mikey, because if you look back on these boards, and others, the world wants a say in things American, and will say things like "since the US controls the world" to get it, but only when it suits the purpose. You know as well as I do, that if someone came on here and seriously said that, and tried to act on it, all hell would rain down. See the other thread where someone implied that the only reason European countries could afford national medical programs was because the US provided a safety net. I hardly think that person could've gotten a harsher response if they advocated Hitler for President (which, we have seen, created quite a storm).

As France and Russia in particular have shown, the rest of the world can hardly be expected to vote in an U.S. election in the best interests of the U.S., but in their own best interests. At the expense of the world at large.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
            I hardly think that person could've gotten a harsher response if they advocated Hitler for President...
            Ironically, "that person" is the same person who started this particular thread...
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Well, it was a rhetorical point, as we all know the present President wasn't exactly elected, anyway.

"Regime Change" begins at home!
              \"...an ape reft of his tail, and grown rusty at climbing, who yet feels himself to be a symbol and the frail representative of Omnipotence in a place that is not home.\" James Branch Cabell

Comment

Actually he was. If you don't like the process, then compain about the process, don't whine about the results.

Originally posted by Mikey_C
                Well, it was a rhetorical point, as we all know the present President wasn't exactly elected, anyway.

"Regime Change" begins at home!

Comment

"Well, it was a rhetorical point, as we all know the present President wasn't exactly elected, anyway. "

Haha, now that's funny. A high school civics lesson would show otherwise.

Comment

Many of your high schools aren't so formidable, are they?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/2496427.stm
                    Google ergo sum

Comment

And your point is? Those embarassing statistics do not change the fact that Al Gore lost the election according to the rules and procedures of the U.S. Government in place at the time of the election.

But you score big points on the "obnoxious" and "arrogant" meters, so that is something.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
                        And your point is? Those embarassing statistics do not change the fact that Al Gore lost the election according to the rules and procedures of the U.S. Government in place at the time of the election.

But you score big points on the "obnoxious" and "arrogant" meters, so that is something.
                        Didn't you say that already elsewhere? Why repeat yourself over and over again? At least my post carried some news for you didn't it?
                        Google ergo sum

Comment

I wonder how many of the people who bitch about Gore's loss would be complaining if Dubba had won the popular vote and Gore had won the electoral college.

Comment

"Didn't you say that already elsewhere? Why repeat yourself over and over again?"

Because every single time the debate hits a rocky patch for the Dems, out comes the "Well, if Bush didn't steal the election" nonsense, and quite frankly, I feel it is my duty to set them straight. And if you are tired of hearing about it, well, I can't help that. I suggest you take it up with those that ininitiate the discussion. See earlier on this thread.

"At least my post carried some news for you didn't it?"

Actually, no, I have seen that before.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitsune
                              I wonder how many of the people who bitch about Gore's loss would be complaining if Dubba had won the popular vote and Gore had won the electoral college.
                              Actually, there seems to be a real possibility that we may find out. Bush is presently leading the polls in the popular vote, but the Zogby polls that track the electoral college vote show a Kerry lead. I would provide a link to the site but I'm not on the right computer :oops:

Comment

Working...
                              X