Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Changing the rhetoric

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
    Originally posted by Doc
    I just had a conversation with my chair about faculty who have stopped reading (let alone writing), and how it shows up in their teaching, especially when they rely solely on their credentials to make all of their points.
    If you've started talking to the furniture, Doc, I think it's time for you to put the books away and get some fresh air. :D
    Perhaps, like Cabell's John Charteris in Beyond Life, he's determined to lecture
    to bare benches, if necessary. ;)

LSN

Comment

• Originally posted by L_Stearns_Newburg
      Thanks, Carter. That's probably the best part of Annie Hall. (It's got some other
      moments, too, of course.) It's been years since I saw the movie.

When does some one pop into the forum to pull rank on Doc? Whom would we
      nominate? Karl Marx is no longer available, unfortunately. Perhaps we could get
      John Kenneth Galbraith to dodder on stage. I can hear it now: "Under capitalism,
      man exploits man. Under communism, it's just the opposite."

LSN

Anyone can and should pull rank on me at any time. My degrees are silly pieces of paper, and my position is largely a big soapbox. Especially now that I've taken to talking to furniture. :lol: The benches await me!

Comment

• My neighbor has a couch sitting on his driveway.
        There's a sign on it that says: FREE.

It's colored navy blue, with stripes in the center of the cusions that are colored tan and brown... hmmm... now that I think of it the browns probably weren't there originally. But still, it's not the worst couch I've ever seen.

C'mon. It's free!

Got more room in your office, Doc?

Anyone?
        \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
        Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc
          I just had a conversation with my chair about faculty who have stopped reading (let alone writing), and how it shows up in their teaching, especially when they rely solely on their credentials to make all of their points.
          Oh, Doc, Doc, Doc.... Stuff like this only encourages me! :P

Comment

Working...
          X