Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Bush Bickering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bush Bickering

That message is pretentious asshole bullshit.

It has a good point about how this pc world we live in is deluded, convoluted and fucked up, but it is people like the Bush administration that purvey and perpetuate the fear that the message says is so deleterious to us all and should be mocked.

If everyone over 35 died from those "hazards" mentioned, then the majority of the Republican party would be non-existent.

I wouldn't bitch about that! :twisted:

The message seems to contradict itself. It tries to tactfully explain what's wrong with the pc world we live in today using irony, but then calls "kids" under the age of 30, wimps.
    Thus showing that the author fails to consider how or why the world has changed such that it produces "wimps."

So I say to the author, it is people who are over 35 (you?) who are the parents of the wimps. DUH! So if you want to know why the kids are "wimps," well maybe you should look in the mirror, dumbshit.

It shows a "faulty logic" that people who hold such beliefs seem to share.

"It has a good point about how this pc world we live in is deluded, convoluted and fucked up, but it is people like the Bush administration that purvey and perpetuate the fear that the message says is so deleterious to us all and should be mocked."

The faulty logic is the flimsy connection to the Bush Administration. Although I will give you credit for creativity. I am waiting for someone to blame the following on Bush:

- the weather,
    - the Nomar trade to the Cubs,
    - the cancellation of "Homicide: Life on the Street"
    - the delays in the new Guns'N'Roses album

Listen, no further fetched than the ludicrous connection put forth above.

"If everyone over 35 died from those "hazards" mentioned, then the majority of the Republican party would be non-existent."

Oh, right. Gephardt, Edwards, Kerry, Heinz-Kerry (oh wait, she is a Republican, isn't she? No? That won't get her to the White House? Sorry.), Nader, et al are all under 35. RIIIGGGGHHHHHTTTTTT. Way to do the research.

Comment

Originally posted by LoE
      "...but it is people like the Bush administration that purvey and perpetuate the fear..."
      " ...but it is people LIKE the Bush administration that purvey and perpetuate the fear..."

I understand why you see that I'm shooting "flames," Bill.
      In defense, I say the word "like" says that I am not only thinking about Bush and cronies.
      Bush admin. comes to mind because they are the current administration that is simply not doing the job right. Sure we can all argue over every administration in history.
      I happen to be one of those who don't like any politicians. Big surprise, right? :lol:
      Another name comes to mind right now...
      how about Tipper Gore? That PMRC stuff allows me to throw her in the lot with Bush. Democrat or Republican. No matter. Fear mongers.

and as that "guest" wrote... people over 35 who are "tougher" than me, the "wimp."

Comment

Originally posted by Bill
        "The faulty logic is the flimsy connection to the Bush Administration. Although I will give you credit for creativity. I am waiting for someone to blame the following on Bush:

- the weather,
        - the Nomar trade to the Cubs,
        - the cancellation of "Homicide: Life on the Street"
        - the delays in the new Guns'N'Roses album

Everyone knows that Bush would have engineered a trade that sent Nomar to the Rangers. :D

Comment

I think only the Cubs will be blaming the Nomar trade on Bush, the guy likes to sit on his ass a lot. Honestly, shortstop isn't that hard, if he was the catcher I'd understand it. Jesus, we (the giants) took four out of six from the Cubs, and we are a three man team.

Comment

Working...
          X