Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New 'Bushism' Born at Bill Signing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New 'Bushism' Born at Bill Signing

"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we," Bush said. "They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."
    -- George W. Bush, Aug. 5th, 2004

Source: Associated Press
    URL: http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor..._pr_wh/bushism
    Anyone else need a smoke?
    "Jerry Cornelius was based, for instance, on a young man I used to see around Notting Hill where there was also a greengrocer called Cornelius of London."

--Michael Moorcock

JUST STOP, PLEASE.

Didn't John Kerry make a similar slip in his acceptance speach? Something about funding terrorism?

I think they are equal.

Comment

JUST STOP, PLEASE.

Sorry, Junior - only you can vote the idiot out. Haven't you described yourself as the ssh-wing voter?

Comment

They may be equal, but that doesn't necessarily mean that one will get less news coverage than the another. For another recent example, think of Cheney's outburst at Leahy and compare its coverage to the coverage Teresa Kerry's "shove it" got. A sitting VP tells a Senator, on the Senate floor to go fuck himself, and then says he's glad he said it, and the media yawns. I've heard almost as much about Teresa Kerry's comment as I've heard about her Husband's service in Vietnam.

My point is, of course, that these things don't have to make sense.

Comment

Has it been lost on anyone that Jerry Cornelius joined MWM on Christ's birthday?

:lol:
          The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

"JUST STOP, PLEASE.

Sorry, Junior - only you can vote the idiot out. Haven't you described yourself as the ssh-wing voter?"

Huh? Another troll who has no clue whatsoever what's going on....

Comment

Berry

Isn't it, coincidently, the same day that many people around the world are exchanging gifts or performing ancient pagan rites? 8O

Comment

I'm Rick James, bitch!
                \"Bush\'s army of barmy bigots is the worst thing that\'s happened to the US in some years...\"
                Michael Moorcock - 3am Magazine Interview

Comment

Click it, Bitch, you know you want to...
                  http://www.uvmdudeman.com/rickjamess...94_482375.html

BTW, our President Bush finally tells the truth to the American people. I believe it is commonly known as a Freudian slip.
                  I think I need another smoke...
                  Here is the difference, Kerry has not sent thousands of humans to their deaths for the purposes his own corporate interest agendas, as our "President" has done.
                  Nor did Kerry lie to Congress and the American people by saying he had proof that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction when he did not. Fact.
                  So Bush ups his Prozac dose and starts drinking again, yet all the Prozac and whiskey in the world will not change the reality of what he has done and what he is.
                  "But I'm tryin', Ringo, I'm trying real hard to be the shepard."

Comment

Originally posted by Jerico
                    I'm Rick James, bitch!
                    Rick James is dead, bitch!

I'm not under the illusion that Kerry would not have done exactly the same thing though (re-Iraq), because the truth is, he probably would have. But as Greg Palast put it, "By a long shot. Asking if Kerry is as bad as Bush is like asking if a slap in the face is as painful as a brick to the skull."

Comment

Like the difference between having thousands of deaths on your hands and imagining someone else might take the same actions? It is a good thing our courts do not hand down guilty verdicts based on what someone else thinks the defendant "might" do. No one can predict anothers actions. No one. Pointless rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by bluekachina
                        Like the difference between having thousands of deaths on your hands and imagining someone else might take the same actions? It is a good thing our courts do not hand down guilty verdicts based on what someone else thinks the defendant "might" do. No one can predict anothers actions. No one. Pointless rhetoric.
                        True, but when you vote yes for something on a congressional resolution, as Senator John Kerry did, it generally means you support the action.

Comment

Again, our "President" told Congress he had proof that Iraq possessed WMD and many votes of agreement for the invasion were cast upon this lie. Kerry and many others voted for the war under the belief that we were in immediate danger and Bush could prove it. If our country is facing a "clear and present" danger, time is of the essence and inaction could be a fatal mistake. Such was the liabelous bill of goods GWB sold to Congress.
                          I respect Kerry's vote given the information provided to Congress.

Comment

Kerry also promised to the American people be the first to stand up and challenge Bush should he not co-opperate with the UN security council. He was surprisingly absent when Bush told the UN to piss off. It wasn't until he neared election time that he popped out of the wood work to champion the anti-war movement.

Comment

"Nor did Kerry lie to Congress and the American people by saying he had proof that Iraq possessed weapons of mass destruction when he did not. Fact."

Well, that statement in and of itself is true. He didn't stand up and say that.

"So Bush ups his Prozac dose and starts drinking again,"

Why do you have to engage in this kind of nonsense? If you and your candidate have to resort to slander and libel to gain office, what does that say about you? Who is the power-hungry here?

"Again, our "President" told Congress he had proof that Iraq possessed WMD and many votes of agreement for the invasion were cast upon this lie. Kerry and many others voted for the war under the belief that we were in immediate danger and Bush could prove it."

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG. Goddamn it, WRONG. John Kerry, in his committe role, had the exact same information as the President. Bush didn't have to prove anything. Kerry had the same info, and interpreted it the same way. He served in combat for God's sake (a she is quick to tell us) so he is fully aware of the term "intelligence" and the ramifications of that term.

"I respect Kerry's vote given the information provided to Congress."

Then you have to repect the information Bush had and his message. IT WAS THE SAME. Any other conclusion is simply denying the facts.

Comment

Working...
                              X