Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Fahrenheit continued... ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill
    replied
    "Swift Boat is up shit creek without a paddle. McCain is denouncing these ill-conceived tactics, which were used on him to discredit his bid for the White House. The right is without morals, which surprisingly touches on one of their main claims - that they are the party with morality on their side.

Catch a clue."

Some "Guest" - I mean troll - I mean "Guest" - asked why I bother, and this is why. This morally superior self-righteous, sanctimonious slagging of over 50MM people because God forbid an elected official didn't further one of their pet agendas. Viewing this stuff as if it were the end of the world. It is a snapshot. Jerico is right (except for the ABB nonsense). It's all talk, INCLUDING the "morally bankrupt" nonsense.

McCain is right, by the way, and in a small way we are on the same page with that issue. Put your best foot forward and let the people decide. There has been a lot of ill-founded and downright inaccurate comparisions between the candidates and the situation the US finds itself in and the leaders of the revolutionary period. Well, it's all speculation EXCEPT for one part: in the time of Washington, Jefferson, Adams, Monroe (correct me if I am wrrong, but up to Andrew Jackson) candidates did not campaign. It was considered a bad omen to "want" to be President. JOhn Adams and Tom Jefferson (while they were both secretly honored to serve) went out of their way to avoid any persecption of desire for power. Jefferson went so far as to "retire" for the better part of a decade.

You can smell the aching in Kerry's loins to be President.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    GWB's Swift Boat Service

Here's bush on a swift boat serving our country:

http://usembassy.state.gov/seoul/wwwg906pic2.gif

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    I don't bad mouth Kerry, but that doesn't mean I think
    he's The Shit.
    This run for the office, it's all talk.
    "Talk is cheap," it has been said--
    especially in politics it seems. Well maybe
    "talk is bullshit," is more accurate :?:

Considering that, I'd rather not vote for either party,
    but as I have said already
    ABB or lesser of two evils.

Sadly there really is no choice for me.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Swift Boat is up shit creek without a paddle. McCain is denouncing these ill-conceived tactics, which were used on him to discredit his bid for the White House. The right is without morals, which surprisingly touches on one of their main claims - that they are the party with morality on their side.

Catch a clue.

Leave a comment:

• Whiskers
    replied
    Originally posted by Doc
    What happens is people respond to the underinformative sound bites, and others respond to those responses. And then others respond to those responses. The issue becomes so watered down that people are no longer talking about the issue, they start using it, because it can fit into a political commercial or speech at that point.
    This describes the worst aspect of chaos, doesn't it Doc? Proliferation at its worst?

Edit: I was wrong.

It's entropy. But we already knew that.

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=entropy

A measure of the loss of information in a transmitted message.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    A book you might find interesting,is named Kerry'Unfit To Command'.Swift Boat veterans speak out.It's by John O'Neil and Jerome R Corsi.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    "Sorry Bill,you may have misenterpeted my post,because it came after yours.I was talking about Michael Moore making sure Florida elections are honest.Honest does not mean your man wins Mr Moore."

This is true.

My bad. Sorry.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Sorry Bill,you may have misenterpeted my post,because it came after yours.I was talking about Michael Moore making sure Florida elections are honest.Honest does not mean your man wins Mr Moore.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    "Be carefull for what you pray for you might just get it."

Although I may be one of them, that's what I keep telling the Kerry voters... I don't think they are listening, though.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Be carefull for what you pray for you might just get it.

Leave a comment:

• Bill
    replied
    "Where is the money going to come from? [SNIPPED FOR SPACE]...operating under the notion: "I serve my country proudly!" "

What's the point? You know full well it isn't just the 1% that are going to pay. It is you that is going to pay. YOU. But you didn't need all that spare cash lying around, right?

Berry said: Bush hates us. This slip is silly considering the tortures he authorized."

...with the complicity and full support of Kerry and all the other Senators and Representatives who voted based on the same information. So by your logic, Kerry's slip about "funding terror" in the DNC acceptance speech puts him in the same category. So both our candidates are guilty of a Freudian slip that says more about them than they cared to reveal. Bodes well, no?

You know, I don't like Bush much, but if there is one thing I hate more is this amazing ability to see and hear only what we want to hear. Sometimes I wonder if the people screaming at Bush as a "torturer" and a "liar" - with nothing to back it up other than their own hate - see the irony.

I think not.

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    Which one, Jules?

Well I guess both Bush and Moore are good for laughs.

Anyone who has HBO, you should have seen
    the last episode of Real Time with Bill Maher.

here's an eMail that I wrote to a mate...

Last Friday, being out of town,
    I missed the first episode of Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO.
    I caught a re-run last night. It was sooo good! Did you see it?
    It had Michael Moore, A lady-- former Canadian prime minister Kim
    Campbell,
    and Bush's head campaign strategist David Dreier-- who I pretty much
    despise because I've seen him talk plenty of times and see how's
    he's part of the Bush machine that will do or say about anything
    to get the slimeball back into office.
    Moore went head to head with Dreir, and hands down won.
    Dreir was obviously in enemy territory since obviously it's a liberal show.
    The only guest in alliance with Dreir was the
    telecast via satellite guest, Republican governor Bill Owens
    of Ohio(? i forget).

On the 7 minute pause:
    "You never saw the seven minutes because they don't want our leader to look like a deer in the headlights... Which is actually being unkind to deer." – Michael Moore

I don't think Dreir even stayed for the last part of the show, the New Rules
    portion. As soon as the credits rolled, Dreir's seat was empty,
    he was gone. Not coordial enough for a farewell handshake?
    (Crawling away with his tail between his legs?) Bush got slagged badly!
    I love that show!

Georgie Carlin is going to be on it again this season! yiiiiiihaaa!

Here's another HBO program I'm interested in...

THIS MONTH - Death In Gaza
    Premieres Thursday, August 12th at 9:30pm ET/PT

Emmyآ® award winning filmmaker James Miller and reporter Saira Shah's documented the lives of Palestinian children growing up in the war-torn streets of Gaza.

Have a great tomorrow!

Leave a comment:

• Jules
    replied
    But he's good for a laugh isn't he

Leave a comment:

• Jerico
    replied
    I can't wait til Bush loses.
    When I hear him speak,
    all i hear is a bunch of bullshit,
    so much that I can imagine
    brown logs falling out of his mouth
    every time it opens and closes.

Leave a comment:

• EverKing
    replied
    You know for some reason whenever I hear Michael Moore's voice all I can think of are the adults in Peanuts (or, more accurately the cartoon based on Peanuts). Waa waa wa waaa wa waa wa waaa.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X