Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hitler : The Rise Of Evil?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LEtranger
    Berry, Mayday!
    I think most of us would consider legitimate the deleting the postings of bored saboteurs who have nothing but crap to contribute.
    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Hi,Letranger Happy to see your awake but I disagree deleting is kind of like book burning and this post is about Hitler.Even if it wasnt put in the most contrite way its a legitimate question and this is Q&A .If you think about it its a good question to debate.Can anyone be 100 percent good or evil. PS calling names like crap is only going to bring about more name calling.

Comment

Haha, JohnnyBlaze. The comparison to the book burnings is a little far fetched, me thinks. If I suggested deleteing opinions it would perhaps be similar, but the sabotage and chaos currently being splattered here doesn't have a miligramme of an opinion, it is just pure crap. Probably somebody, and I'm sure it is not more than one or two persons who didn't get enough attention and suffer great deficits, the poor miserable things.
      Cheerio, Buddy!
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Ok,short question here.
        Is there any book or movie you would say is worthing watching\reading about Hitler.
        I mean with reliabe informations and facts.

(Sorry for the wierd stuff I write or ask, it's like 3 am here.)

Comment

Astaroth,
          I doubt a film alone can really fathom Hitler and his impact on the world. And I say this as someone with a sound knowledge of filmmaking.

Ian Kershaw is certainly the most acknowledged writer on the subject, I know that he even speaks German very well so that sources he used didn't have to be translated first before he could put the puzzle stones together. Joachim Fest, a German scholar, put out "Hitler" about 25 years ago, and the book is still considered a valid probe into Hitler's biography, but Kershaw was able to collect even more information and has a more independent view, not being German ...
          Here's a selection of his work I found on Amazon
          a) Hitler: 1936-1945: Nemesis
          by Ian Kershaw
          b) (about Hitler before the war) Hitler: 1889-1936 Hubris -- by Ian Kershaw
          c) Interesting I think could be Kershaw's "The Nazi Dictatorship: Problems and Perspectives of Interpretation"
          Book Description
          The Nazi Dictatorship has become the classic exploration of the complex issues historians face when they interpret the Third Reich. Ian Kershaw synthesizes and evaluates this complex historiography, looking at the major themes and debates relating to Nazism and drawing widely on the findings of a great deal of research, in particular by German scholars, which is not available in English. He describes key interpretational problems, outlines the approaches taken by various historians, and then provides clear and up-to-date evaluations of their positions. This new edition reflects current concerns and fresh research. It contains substantial revisions to the chapter on Hitler and the Jews and to the survey of recent historical work, particularly with respect to the 'Goldhagen phenomenon.' Anyone with an interest in modern European history will find this volume invaluable.
          Google ergo sum

Comment

Hi,Bob,ReaveTheJust,and Bill.I just wanted to apologize for my friends behavior.I am fan of Mr Michael Moorcocks work and I thought it would be cool to show my friends I actually posted on his site.A mistake,considering they decided to make some stupid post they decided to recently show me.I told them to have some respect,for someone I respect.Hopefully it sunk in.I hope you understand why Im not leaveing my name,I dont want to be associated with them. Good Bye,fellow Moorcock fans.

Comment

Hmmmm, well why don't you come back as a registered member here and participate in the discussions. I'm sure everybody would appreciate genuine and "real" contributions.
              Google ergo sum

Comment

So it's moronic statements and so forth since my last post on this thread.
                Well.... i knew at one time or another the subject matter would provoke such a response. Hang a piece of meat to rot and the rats will come sooner or later...

I take full responsibility for hanging out the meat though...

Comment

Quote."Seems people find more reasons to hate than to love.Sad really!"Quote Theocrat.

Comment

AND?

Comment

AND? :?:

Comment

"Yes,I am black and you are white even without the sheet.:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: :::::::::::::::::"

My first response was "Back right the fuck off with the racial implications." The expression is "The pot calling the kettle black" and has nothing to do with race whatsoever, and everything to do with hypocracy.

But I am going to assume that the apology from "Guest" covers this and renders my response moot.

Comment

Bill, we're talking about a person who uses his thesaurus to locate impressive words such as "deleterious" in a sad attempt to appear intellectual, not realising that we see through the facade because the guy can't even spell simple words like "excrement," doesn't know malcontent is one word, and can't tell the difference between "you're" and "your."

No surprise he didn't get your colloquial reference.
                          "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                          --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Psychic, good point. I should have known better...

Comment

Have you been moonlighting as an English teacher, PWV? :lol:

Comment

I may be a graphic designer by trade, but my BA from the University of Washington says "English with Writing Emphasis" on it. So, you know, there's always that English teacher with red pen in hand lurking about my brain... :D

FWIW, that "you're" and "your" thing really burns me. I usually give people the benefit of the doubt and consider it a typo... until I need to beat down some ignorant troll.
                                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Working...
                                X