Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Thanos Shadowsage Website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanos Shadowsage Website

Just wanted to let everyone know that I've made a website where I will be posting origional artwork, stories, articles, music, and poetry. I already have about twenty poems ready and waiting to be added and I am posting pictures as we speak. Stories and Music will take a little while to make and articles that I'll add will be about politics, science, history, philosophy and other fact-oriented materials.

Drop by, please pardon the workers - we're still under constuction!

Thanos Shadowsage
    Last edited by ThanosShadowsage; 08-10-2007, 09:21 PM. Reason: The site is no more.

Looks good Thanos. I signed the ole' Guest Book. First official sig! Ya baby!

:D
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

That's a very nice looking site... although, being a very petty man, I was slightly annoyed to see that you didn't have a middle name that was in anyway mockable. Where's the fun in people revealing their middle names if they're going to be mock-proof?

D...
      "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Thanks guys,

I take pride in my webmastering abilities. I use the basic geocities tools, but for me it's all about image. I made a website for a group of guys I was a member of a while back. But with the move I quit the group. The site I made was altered and now looks terrible, total hack job. Tried to tell my friend that but he doesn't seem to understand that his choice of blues and greys just don't make good backgrounds. I like to keep things simple and elegant. I don't care if the sparkly things on your dress are real diamonds or not... it's just not as elegant as a simple black evening gown.

As for my middle name... everything about my name is common. I'm not exactly John Matthew Smith but Joshua Kyle is incredably common these days. My parents said that they didn't know anyone named Joshua when I was born. But I'm constantly saying "What?" only to find out that someone was calling to a different Josh. My girlfriend's cousin is named Joshua Kyle. She said she had forgotten all about it until she heard his name called one day.

Thanos

Comment

I've been over to check it out too Thanos. Looks really promising.

Comment

Originally posted by Thanos
            I like to keep things simple and elegant. I don't care if the sparkly things on your dress are real diamonds or not... it's just not as elegant as a simple black evening gown.
            Yup, clean and uncluttered is always the way to go in my view, too.

Originally posted by Thanos
            Tried to tell my friend that but he doesn't seem to understand that his choice of blues and greys just don't make good backgrounds.
            I must say, the black background with red text fits your anarchist image. My site had a black background for four years. I just recently switched to the clean white look because I needed a change...

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
            Where's the fun in people revealing their middle names if they're going to be mock-proof?
            Kyle is mock-proof? I have an elemetary school-aged nephew named Kyle who would beg to differ! 8O

Welcome to the web, Thanos! I look forward to seeing what you produce.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Originally posted by PsychicWarVeteran
              Kyle is mock-proof? I have an elemetary school-aged nephew named Kyle who would beg to differ! 8O
              Obviously I've led a sheltered life, and Kyle isn't a very common name around these parts. When I hear it my though process runs:

Kyle => MacLachlan => Twin Peaks => Cool :D

Hence my appreciation for the name. Also, of course, I think of South Park, which was also a great show.

D...
              "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Comment

Unfortunately, in elementary school it goes: Kyle => Rhymes with Pile => Poop comes in Piles => Stinky Pile Kyle!
                "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
                --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Pictures

Right now I'm working offline to make artwork for my website. I should be posting a lot of new pictures there soon.

Thanos

Comment

Dipped in too, TSS - keep working! Note you delicately avoided responding to the rude Kyle remarks there. Dignity is all!
                    \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

The site has been updated for the moment. I still haven't posted my poetry yet but that is just waiting to be posted. Music will take longer, still don't have any software to make MP3s, working on this.

Zakt, if you like I'll add a link to your site to my links list. So far I only have Multiverse, Brom, and FPComic.com listed. Anyone else who is interested will be added to the list.

Thanos

Comment

Cheers, TSS .. our site tends to get updated annually, but will try to return the favour before too long!
                        \"Killing me won\'t bring back your apples!\"

Comment

Working...
                        X