Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Book People

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Book People

Book People in Austin, Texas.

Moorcock Titles: http://www.booksite.com/texis/script...listbooks.html
    The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Oh yeah well,

Mole people found in Wyoming!! 8O
    When they had advanced together to meet on common
    ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
    and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
    each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
    mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
    killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Nice link Berry, thanks. I remember Mike recommending Book People on the old QA. They rate with Jayde design as on of the best suppliers of Mike's books, don't they.

@ nice link too, Von :P Have you read Fortean Times. Beware the Chupacabra, my friend, and carry a vorpal blade at all times in those borogroves :)

Comment

Grey Mouser,
        Yes I have checked it out. I love that stuff!

Yes and nice link Berry. I don't want you to think I am making fun of your post!
        When they had advanced together to meet on common
        ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
        and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
        each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
        mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
        killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

This is the second reference to a Chupacabra I've read on a bulletin board in as many days.

weird.

~Jimm

Comment

Chupacabra

Chupanebre is the legend told about Leela's 3 eyed pet on Futurama, I do believe.

Can you help a brudda out?
            The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

Working...
            X