Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Dylerpillar's First Novel: The Dreaded Final Invoice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dylerpillar's First Novel: The Dreaded Final Invoice

A bunch of things have conspired to put me in a sticky situation: the drop of the value of Canadian dollars while paying invoices in pounds sterling, the lumping of all last expenses by the company into one big final invoice, not making as much at my job as I thought I would over the past few months. So I'm looking at about equivalent $3000 in this one big invoice left to pay, and the only good thing about it is if I pay this, that's the last one.

Between an eBay auction for my Kobo Aura HD eReader and a slower month at work, I anticipate making $1000. And a gracious donor has come forward with $500, so it's likely I can account for 50% of this already. I'm trying to scrape together the rest, and I can say if I get close enough to the finish line on my own, at some point dad will be able to afford to cover the rest and get me through (he's usually the first to bail me out in a jam, and the fact that he hasn't just done this himself suggests to me that he can't do it alone--he already covered about 25+% of the Kickstarter single-handed and that was the biggest contribution he expected to make).

The final invoice is basically the 300-book print run for the UK, plus the print run for backers of the successful Kickstarter. So marketing, sales, distribution, all paid for, but perhaps it's a dark irony that the one thing left to make sure this works out is to actually print the bloody books.

I have a verified paypal account, dmadeley7 (at) gmail (dot) com, and I take eInterac transactions through online banking, same email address. Any help appreciated. The news nearly gave me a panic attack a week ago but I think I can pull through this.
    Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

A Kickstarter backer is sending another cheque--no idea the amount, but since it should be a positive integer, it'll help.

Comment

Glaring omission

I may have taken for granted that not everyone has seen this project or my previous posts about it or may not know what I'm asking support for! That sounds like something I would do. Here are some links which I hope will prove most helpful:

First novel trailer, "Derek's Lonely Road" (YouTube)

Official publisher's book site for The Gift-Knight's Quest

An early review

The Dabbler author spotlight: Dylan Madeley

I will happily field any other questions you have about the project.
      Last edited by dylerpillar; 02-09-2015, 11:58 AM. Reason: More URLs added.

Comment

This budget crisis has been solved; it's okay if the whole thread just goes away.

Comment

Working...
        X