Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Album recording/producing/mixing fundraiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Album recording/producing/mixing fundraiser

You may have seen these people in my contributions to the Photography subforum, and you may see some of those contributions in the gallery of the linked site perhaps. But after I have seen them play many live shows for a few years, Amy's Arms is finally planning to record a professional quality album. They are crowd sourcing the costs of that, and they have a perks section with creative based mini-bios. More importantly I see them put a lot of skill, talent and passion together on the stage, and I would like it if they could have a studio album which properly captures what sounds great about them live, because little DSLR microphones for my YouTube vids of them just don't do it.

So, you could chip in as much or as little as you feel like, or boost the signal if you know any people or forums who would be more interested.

Thanks for reading!

Link: http://igg.me/at/amysarmsalbum/x/203711
    Last edited by dylerpillar; 12-03-2013, 09:47 AM. Reason: clarity
    Thick as wind-blown leaves innumerable, since 1985

It's a week gone by and they're getting close to a grand, ten donors. Not a bad first week; many of these things get most of their funds when it's getting closer to the end. They have 54 days left as I post this. I'm learning a lot about trying to promote such a campaign, which is good because I foresee one to two such campaigns in my future--if so, ones which would have my direct involvement. It's rather nice to find the social media groups where such promotion is welcome, or find out how to use Twitter, on this practice run where it's not really my campaign and all that I really have riding on its success is the happiness of my friends.

Comment

38 days left at $1260. This is what we call the "long plateau" in most crowd funding campaigns: you get an uptick on the first couple of days, a long plateau in the middle, and an uptick with time running out. The band is just grateful for whatever they get at this point and they'll work with it.

Comment

A new perk was added in limited quantity--both were snapped up, and that put the total up to $1410 with 28 days left. We'll see what happens 28 Days Later--hopefully not like in the movie of that title.

Comment

At $1480 with 20 days to go--but more newsworthy is that they put up a campaign video, so you can meet some of the members. Two minutes and forty-six seconds!

Comment

Working...
          X