Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

That's All Folks.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • In_Loos_Ptokai
    Abrogate all rituals
    • Apr 2007

Well, what is the best way to give critiques? Set up a critique thread, or send them off to the writer concerned and hope it isn't taken the wrong way?

I know mine was rather hurried, and there were some things I missed because I didn't want to miss the closing date ... and if I can see them, anybody and everybody else can too ...
    sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
    And incense the power of man with God
    But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
    And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
    by Peter Cape

Comment

• In_Loos_Ptokai
      Abrogate all rituals
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Kruger View Post
      Originally posted by Thongor
      8. There is no guarantee of any prizes for entering the Challenge; after the End Date a poll may (or may not) be posted to allow people to choose their favourite; the organisers may (or may not) investigate the possibility of collecting all entries in a POD or e-book. Nothing is guaranteed.
      As found in The 2014 Enclave Challenge Rules E.K. I do wonder for the powers that be if an announcement that a poll will not be posted would be provided. I'd say I am indifferent, but that would be a lie. I do accept that nothing may be forthcoming. :)

Thank you for hosting the contest Thongor!!

Da... I mean Grr.
      Well, taking the "most-read" as the criterion for the poll, Comments Thread for All Entries by Thongor would win hands down! It's been read (as of this moment) 848 times ...
      sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
      And incense the power of man with God
      But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
      And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
      by Peter Cape

Comment

• Thongor
        Barbarian Swordsman
        • Apr 2005

Well, as I mentioned above, this isn't a critique group. If someone wants to start such a group, just start a thread and request critiques, but as Rothgo noted, I wouldn't give one to someone who didn't ask for them. It isn't part of every writers process. In the past the comments thread has been more along the lines of quick reviews. "Hey I liked this. I thought this part was cool."

Comment

• EverKing
          Eternal Companion
          • Jan 2004

Oh, I certainly hope my inquiry wasn't misunderstood. I was simply curious if comments were forthcoming for not. Obviously, I welcome any and all for mine and respect those that prefer silence. I am most certainly NOT looking for any kind of winner...that seems against the spirit of the board.

This is my first piece in nearly 10 years and although I can plainly see many misses and errors and false leads and needless repetition in the story as posted I am just looking for some insight into my instinct. I am well aware of the advantages of sending pieces into a professional publication and perhaps someday I will do that. For now, I'm content writing for fun and sharing it with all the other MM fans and Miscellany members.
          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

• Thongor
            Barbarian Swordsman
            • Apr 2005

No worries, EverKing. I think most of just write stuff here for the fun of it. I know I do.

Comment

Working...
            X