Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Comments Thread For All Entries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better late than never, Everking. Keep it up.
    sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
    And incense the power of man with God
    But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
    And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
    by Peter Cape

Comment

Glad you made it, Everking.

Comment

Thanks! Third installment should be posted some time tomorrow. Slowly feeling a semblance of creative rhythm returning.
        "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
        --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Part three is proving more difficult than I thought. The middle portion of the story is the part needed the most significant changes from the original and so is largely a complete blank-page write-up. Yet within it I have to be sure to capture the key points which bring the finale together. I'll get there, it just isn't flowing as nicely as I'd hoped so may take another revision or two before I'm ready to post it. Depending on where it ends up, this may end up being 5 parts + epilogue rather than 6; which is good by my book.
          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Goldeneyes Part 3, abbreviated and posted.

Part 4 will come later today and I expect the conclusion to follow tomorrow in either 1 or 2 parts depending on how much what happened in Part 3 changes the way the end plays out.

I'm pushing the limits of time and the writing is...questionable...but at least progress is happening. I am still hoping for a little feedback whether now or when complete.
            --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Down to the wire...and...Done! Just under 9800 words.

I'm not entirely happy with it but it is there. I hope you all enjoy it.
              --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Originally posted by Kymba334 View Post
                Well Jagged, the Ronald Firbank influence is showing, i Approve!
                Now that it's all over and done, I feel ready to acknowledge this very gratifying comment. Firbank is, indeed, an author on whom I put very high value. I didn't conciously have him in mind, though, when writing this, but I certainly wouldn't deny that he might have some influence.

Firbank, foremostely, is notable for "saying things between the lines". The things that were said said between the lines in my story when you made your comment, kissable Kymba, probably came blatantly evident later on in the lines with bolds, underlines and exclamation marks galore.

Although I didn't have Firbank at the front of my mind, I suspect you're right that he made his mark none the less. Bugger.
                Last edited by Jagged; 10-21-2014, 09:04 AM.
                "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagged View Post
                  Firbank, foremostely, is notable for "saying things between the lines". The things that were said said between the lines in my story when you made your comment, kissable Kymba, probably came blatantly evident later on in the lines with bolds, underlines and exclamation marks galore.
                  In high school, I was chastized by my teacher for quoting myself in an essay. Perservering in error, I have to say that not EVERYTHING was made completely explecit in my story.

"Arthur, Fred, and Hugh had come to visit. It was as much a family occasion as could be expected. Maggie had been institutionalized since that day, and didn't show much of an improvement, even if Ben herself, as well as Arthur and Fred, generously spent all they could on her betterment."

Read: Hugh did not.

So, I guess the Firbank way of stating things without saying them directly, stayed.

-----
                  [EDIT:] Found out that the BBC has just completed filming a new adaptation of Fred's cult classic "Mapp and Lucia" this summer. Looking forward to see if it can compete with the McEwan, Scales and Hawthorne version.
                  Last edited by Jagged; 10-25-2014, 08:24 AM.
                  "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

Working...
                  X