Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you!
See more
See less

2012 Story Challenge Extension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 Story Challenge Extension

Because of the late start of the challenge this year, we're going to extend the deadline to the 31st of January of 2013. This way those who need a little more time will have it and those who were hoping to get something in at the last minute will have a shot. So jump in if you've a notion. There's still time!

I'm hoping to give it a bash once we break for Christmas: I've got some background ideas in my head but not the actual story yet, which as we all know is entirely the wrong way around!
    Last edited by Rothgo; 12-14-2012, 11:04 AM. Reason: helps if I type all the words!

Comment

Sounds like a plan, Rothgo. Hopefully it will give a few other folks a chance to jump in as well.

Comment

Thanks fellas!

Might have enough time to finish now. Part three is taking a bit longer because I needed a little research.

Might need a shot in the arm of whatever WhiteWolf359 is on, as he seems to pound stuff out at a good steady pace.

Good luck Thongor and Rothgo.

Comment

Oh you're a lifesaver, Thongor.
          I've set January aside for some writing time, so this is a great thing!!!
          Cheers!
          "Self-discipline and self-knowledge are the key. An individual becomes a unique universe, able to move at will through all the scales of the multiverse - potentially able to control the immediate reality of every scale, every encountered environment."
          --Contessa Rose von Bek, Blood part 4, chapter 12

Comment

Originally posted by Kirowan View Post
            Thanks fellas!

Might have enough time to finish now. Part three is taking a bit longer because I needed a little research.

Might need a shot in the arm of whatever WhiteWolf359 is on, as he seems to pound stuff out at a good steady pace.

Good luck Thongor and Rothgo.
            Afraid the only thing I'm on these days is blood pressure meds after my T.I.A. on 12/5/12. However, I've found that a good dose of Mad Auntie Valerie's lipstick hallucinogens really gets me going.

I'm working on the sequel, "Anarchy in Albiona" as we speak. Will post to the Enclave when done.

WhiteWolf359
            24 December 2012
            Sarasota and Tanelorn
            Lord Warshaw the Unknown

"Except in dreams, you're never really free." Warren Zevon, Desperados Under the Eaves.

Comment

I'll just have to see what next year brings ... because if Steampunk is out of my league, then Steam Opera is way beyond me. Good luck all that can handle the genre
              Twitter: The system that put paid to the old adage 'politicians only lie when their lips start moving'

Comment

Whitewolf359,

Those lipstick hallucinogens seem to be great for inspiring some very stylish and surreal ideas judging by Asquith's Algorithm.

As for the TIA, that's some troubling news WW. I hope it's all cleared up with no after effects and you're all clear for the future on that front.

And for Anarchy in Albiona, just when I'm trying to play catch up with my one tale, I sees you are on the horizon full steam ahead with your second.

Comment

J Sun, glad you will be joining us.

Timberwolf - trying something that's out of your league is part of the fun and reason for a challenge like this, to work outside one's comfort zone can stimulate and accelerate the learning process.

I'm pretty reasonably sure I haven't written anything too close to a Steam Punk Opera yet with my attempt, but I'm sure having fun trying.

Any Steam Opera aficionados will be face-palming if they ever get to read my tale, I've pretty much elbowed out most of the Victorian elegance for a tale portrayed from a more working class perspective.

Thongor - hope the work load is easing up and your various projects are coming along. Looking forward to reading your Steam Opera short if you get time for it.

Rothgo - hope things are working out and you are getting time to write.

Comment

I'm glad the extension is helping some folks along. I'll be sure and get things up and running on time in 2013. Still pretty iffy for me, Kirowan, but we'll see. I'm doing the second draft of the sequel to Blind Shadows and I've been asked to contribute a short to a Horror anthology. Still, might make it, yet. I write fast.

Comment

Extension...

I looked in last night, getting ready to post an apology and think of Doug Adams while the New Year brought that whooshing sound of a passing deadline, but here we are with another month of rope. I guess I'll have to get to work after all. I also need to check in here more often.

Happy New Year everyone!

Comment

Hope you have time to get something in, Lord Dandruff.

Comment

Time

Thongor, I suppose I shall just have to make some time. I hope that doesn't take too long.

Comment

Working...
                          X