Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Comments thread for ALL entries

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments thread for ALL entries

Ok, Beezus, waiting patiently !!:

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comments thread for ALL entries

And here's our thread for comments - remember not to post in the story threads themselves!
    WWS got in there so early we didn't even have the thread up!
    Last edited by Rothgo; 05-10-2010, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rothgo View Post
      And here's our thread for comments - remember not to post in the story threads themselves!
      WWS got in there so early we didn't even have the thread up!
      Sorry, Rothgo, I'm trying to catch up with Thingfish's 10,000 posts !!! Didn't notice that, I'll have to stop using the Wi fi in The Moorcock Inn while having a large single malt or three !!

, [Ok Emerson ...oot the motor !!!!

Comment

In Loos, I really like yours so far. J-Sun, I'm intrigued by your story so far too.

Look forward to other postings.
        Lord Warshaw the Unknown

"Except in dreams, you're never really free." Warren Zevon, Desperados Under the Eaves.

Comment

This Year's "Prize"

Just a suggestion for this year's "prize." Albeit this is a "challenge," rather than voting and appointing a "winner," perhaps we could collect all the stories and self-publish them on Lulu.com in a special "chapbook" edition. We would of course include a disclaimer that all characters were the property of Michael Moorcock and would not take any royalties, but that would give us each a kind of "prize" to reward our hard work in writing the stories. I would be happy to do this, upon approval.

I vote for the Silly Party!
          Lord Warshaw the Unknown

"Except in dreams, you're never really free." Warren Zevon, Desperados Under the Eaves.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiteWolf359 View Post
            Just a suggestion for this year's "prize." Albeit this is a "challenge," rather than voting and appointing a "winner," perhaps we could collect all the stories and self-publish them on Lulu.com in a special "chapbook" edition. We would of course include a disclaimer that all characters were the property of Michael Moorcock and would not take any royalties, but that would give us each a kind of "prize" to reward our hard work in writing the stories. I would be happy to do this, upon approval.

Sounds liek a good idea to me - I will see what we can do....
            Does it follow that I reject all authority? Perish the thought. In the matter of boots, I defer to the authority of the boot-maker.
            Bakunin

Comment

I think that's a good idea too.

And name the characters that are Michael Moorcock's, instead of giving blanket disclaimer that all the characters are his - because my Maori character's based on some Maori I've met; I don't think Mike had anything to do with that.

Ie:

"These characters are based on the characters in Michael Moorcock's books:
              Lady Jane is based on the Lady Jane Pentallyon in The King of Swords, and is used with permission and gratitude.
              Etc ..."

No doubt any lawyer we have lurking amongst us, will be able to provide us with better phrasing, but that's the general idea.
              sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
              And incense the power of man with God
              But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
              And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
              by Peter Cape

Comment

Legalese 101

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but I am a Florida Registered Paralegal. I would suggest we use a disclaimer similar to:

"Except as otherwise noted, all characters herein are the property of Michael Moorcock and are used with the author's express permission solely for the purposes of entertainment. No participant in this contest shall attempt to publish or sell any story contained herein without first obtaining the author's express written permission and consent. All characters not created by or inspired by Michael Moorcock are presumed to be the sole creations of the participating writers, who shall retain any and all rights thereto."

That's not exact, but should keep it all legal. I would, however, feel more comfortable if MM himself would review the language.

After all, I wouldn't want anyone thinking Mad Auntie Val was anything but the creation of my own fevered imagination (if somewhat inspired by the beautiful Bianca Beauchamp).

WhiteWolf359
                Lord Warshaw the Unknown

Comment

Mad Auntie Valerie's inspiration
                  Attached Files
                  Lord Warshaw the Unknown

Comment

And for those who thought I made up the rubber horse head...
                    Attached Files
                    Lord Warshaw the Unknown

Comment

I like all the entries so far.

Manmiles, I think you have written the best first chapter of all of us, so far.

I look forward to reading the others when they are posted.
                      Lord Warshaw the Unknown

Comment

Stop putting me off my writing, damnit!

Comment

Since I don't like to put things off, I have finished my story...:-)

Hopefully people will enjoy it or enjoy flogging me for it...whichever is more pleasing to you. But the ultimate goal was to entertain.

Any criticisms welcomed...especially on the writing. I'm always trying to improve, so anything that will help me in that respect is appreciative.

thanks...

Comment

Originally posted by manmiles View Post
                            Stop putting me off my writing, damnit!
                            Ah, but the lovely Ms. B. is such a pleasant distraction..
                            Lord Warshaw the Unknown

Comment

Grey Mouser, with a so cool nickname, I must accept yours apologies !
                              Sorry for my english and french's governement.
                              Papi

Comment

Working...
                              X