Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Re Southern Wands

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re Southern Wands

Thanks for your entry to the DGB Jagged. An intriguing title, and I'm looking forward to finding out more about the nature of this world where harm is an so far un-experienced concept.

Re: Southern Wands

My magnificent Mouser, my grey greeter,

thank you indeed for the encouraging welcome of my little tale, even if it's hardly taken off yet. My plan when I started the other day was to write four inter-related short stories of three chapters each... but the first story, alas, bloated already in this short opening, so I'm now revising my strategy just to finish the first tale, and then see how exhausted it makes me. I expect the chapters to appear with a few days' interval.

And my greetings to everybody on the site... I was hoping to add something intelligent to the other forums before embarking on something so ambitious as a tale of the seas of fate, but more clever people seem to have already said there what I might add, and in a better way.

If anybody wishes to make minor comments too trivial for posting on the board (such as corrections of spelling, grammar, or vocabulary -- since I'm not a native anglophone), they're most welcome to send them to [email protected].

Your devoted
    Jagged
    "If the environment were a bank, we would already have saved it." -Graffitti.

Comment

Welcome aboard Jagged (**smiles and bows deeply**). If you're not a native anglophone your story is the more remarkable. You taught me a new word - tergiversation. :)

Comment

Mighty Mouser,

you're a charmer. I'm beginning to think I might accomodate myself here on this site. It seems a pleasant place :)

curtesying, with much ado
        Jagged

Comment

Illustrious Jagged,

I just wanted to drop a quick note to say I'm still following your tale and enjoyed the latest updates. It's getting quiet in the DGB section, and one could be forgiven for thinking that few ever come here. So I thought I'd show some signs of life rather that guiltily enjoy your tale with no response as I have been recently :roll: It's a story that would not be out of place in a magazine like Wierd Tales, although I wonder what the resident artist would make of the m'Hreeh.

Mmm, I seem to recall this thread being longer, some posts must have been swallowed by that same m'Hreeh, even Berry it seems must pay a price for the smooth running of the forum... 8O

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
            Illustrious Jagged,
            It's getting quiet in the DGB section, and one could be forgiven for thinking that few ever come here. So I thought I'd show some signs of life rather that guiltily enjoy your tale with no response as I have been recently
            My multipresent Mouser,

yes, I've noticed the DGB has been a bit quiet lately -- myself included. This thing will inevitably happen, since we're living in communities where people are used to doing things because bosses boss them around.

I can only speak for myself, Kidderth and the Wands... I've had some bad luck lately (running into a depression and getting fired from my job at the same time), and I have to admit that my engagements here on the site have suffered from that. I actually had no idea that somebody might want to read the next installment of the Wands.

I'm not completely up to it right now -- but what I want to do is to rewrite the latest chapter and take the cucumber sandwiches out. They were added as a spur of a moment. Apart from that, Book One should be close to it's end. Book Two should take Kidderth outside the palace like another Buddha, to meet some other EC's, and Book Three should return him to his private concerns and bring them, more or less, to an end. That's my general scheme. It's taking somewaht longer than I originally planned, but I hope you bear with me.

The Dead God's Book is a labour of love. Neither me nor any of the more talented writers here get anything out of it but the kick. Sometimes, we get absorbed in other matters, but the good thing is that, when we finally get on with it here, we do it because we really enjoy it!

What really matters, at least to me, is to hear that somebody READS this stuff... and maybe even enjoys it! Thanks for the encouragement. Makes the whole thing worth it.

Kidderth will return.

Comment

Originally posted by Jagged
              Kidderth will return.
              Goodness gracious!!! This stuff is still round here? I was rummaging around the fora and discovered it. Thought a certain Germanicalisticlike fox garbaged this stuff years ago. Hmmm... still, I guess I promised to take up the thread. Me must fink.

Comment

Ah most mercurial and elusive Jagged, welcome back!

After a long quiet spell the DGB was merged with Tanelorn, then LSN and a few others of us asked Berry if we could have a home for fiction, poems etc written by Mike's fans, which he kindly created for us here. The DGB threads were then moved into the Enclave and there's a thread here somewhere charting its birth.

I'd be keen to see where you take Southern Wands if you have the time and inclination to continue. Jot's been awaiting Pequo's famous cucumber sandwiches for almost 2 years.

For anyone out there who might want to take a peek at Jagged's excellent Southern Wands story, here's the link:

http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=526

Comment

ahh, neat, I missed that originally, very cool, I will read more. ;)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Jagged,

The Southern Wands is a very smooth story, great dialogue and equal narrative.

and from a readers point of view, not technical, fantastic!, that was awesome. :D

Spoilers:

I never saw (or read) that,(very visual by the way), in a nobles court before.

much better than sacrificing someone to a dragon to keep the villiage safe.

Incredible Introduction here:

Jagged wrote:
                    Between Kidderth and his father, near to the dais, there was a navy blue blur in the air. Trying to focus on it, Kidderth almost saw it dissolve and vanish, but when he looked to the side to greet Lady Khrlotinh or the Count of Messing, it seemed a solid figure at the corner of his eye. A lumpy parody of the human body all in dark blue and turquoise, it turned around, and turned around, and turned around. He turned his vision back on it, and the thin probosces on its smooth and naked body, the featureless and transparent sphere in the place where a head might be expected, seemed to slender and retract, leaving a halo of hardly visible marine about it.

the m'Hreeh rules!

now, I too must see the rest of the story. :) I did not know it was going to end on a cliffhanger. haha

thanks,

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                    X