Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Dream Daemon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dream Daemon

Hey everyone,

I'm not very good with grammer sometimes, even when I run what I write through Word. So if anyone sees any gramatical or other errors in my writing, feel free to tell me. I won't mind.

I haven't posted much yet and to tell you the truth I'm not really sure where I'm going with this. I've decided to just tell the story as it comes to me and I'll just fill in the blanks as I go. Any feedback is entirely welcome.

Thanos

Got me hooked with what you've written so far Thanos. Hope you'll be adding the next part soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
      Got me hooked with what you've written so far Thanos. Hope you'll be adding the next part soon.
      Agreed! Good work Thanos. Keep it up. Maybe this old man will get off his ass and post something too! :lol:

Can't wait for the next installment... :D
      When they had advanced together to meet on common
      ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
      and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
      each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
      mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
      killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Awesome story, Thanos. I love your names. Kelobus Deville... :) need I say more?

Comment

Thanks!

Thanks guys! To tell you the truth, I've never cared much for my writing. Probably because I already know what's going to happen while I write it. ;p I was a little iffy about putting some of those scenes in there... ie the practically pointless one of scaring the crap out of Franc. I hope it doesn't seem trivial at times... in the end I decided to include it because it builds character. You now know Daemont as a joker.

Thanos

Comment

Names Names Names...

Re: Forever

If you like my names it may interest you to know that I spend quite a bit of time coming up with them. And Kelobus's last name used to be "Mandeville" but I decided that it didn't roll off the tongue very well. Perhaps that will be the last name of a different incarnation of him. You never know. Also... I chose both of their names to signify opposing duality. Some, if not all, of you probably noticed Daemont’s name which is very close to Daemon (commonly spelled demon), where as Kel’s last name is “Deville� which is similar to devil. Any of you who play D&D or read up on Daemons/Devils will no doubt know that classically Daemons are chaotic evil, where as Devils are Lawful evil.

Thanos

Comment

Holy Crap!

WOW! Do you ever have those times where you just amaze yourself so much that you wonder if it was even you who came up with the idea? I just figured out an awesome way to further incorporate my story in with Mike’s work. Although I refuse to tell you how now. It will be very subtle and you’ll have to know your Moorcockian trivia… oh wow. I really wonder if I would have done this already or if it just so happens that I set the stage perfectly for it! YAY! I’m ever so excited now. :D

Thanos

Comment

Thanos I'm now going to be looking for secret references in all of your writing :) I'm going to have to read The Cornelius Chronicles to keep up with you. Sounds like you're on a roll. :lol:

Comment

Just a quick (and relatively random) thought.

Thanos- I appreciate what you are doing, because you're publicly going through a process that is usually very private. I think most writers work many things out as they go. However, most writers have the luxury of not having people reading the earlier parts, so editing is much less painful.

Looking forward to more...
                  That's meant as appreciation, not pressure, of course. :lol:

Comment

re:Doc

Thanks Doc. I hadn't thought of it that way. I suppose my way could either be seen as taking the easy way out, or satisfying the readership. In any case if anyone has any suggestions, ideas, or even just musings on what I've written I'd love to hear it. I'm rather proud of the opening paragraph of the section I'm about to post "Madamme Genevieve." And I was wondering what people thought of the joke about the Holy Grail in "Devil's Gambit" - all in all I'm still rather pleased with everything I've put out so far, you can trust I'll continue with gusto.

Thanos

Comment

Took an unintended break...

Ended up going to Florida for a week. Back now and will continue the saga!

Fortunately while I was away my mind was still very focused on the story and I've come up with some stellar ideas. I've thought the plot out far enough to assume that the story thread can easily break 100 posts (And I'm writing about two pages per post so that is roughly 200 pages worth of material).

Well... back to writing.

Thanos

Comment

Well Done, Pope Humper

Well, my friend, what you've written is quite good.

Your grammAr is indeed not very good, but as your personal editor, I'll do what I can...

I'll read it more thoroughly when I have more time, but I'll start with "nocked his bow". No "k".

By the way, I thought it was pronounced "sheem", but the spelling looks like "shim". Which is it?

Alric

Comment

Sheem

Pronounced "Sheem" supposed to be a long e but I don't know how to make the symbol above it.

Also... I was pretty sure it was nock too... but Word corrected me and I wasn't sure enough to argue.

Thanos

Comment

the default dictionary in Word is hardly complete so I wouldn't put too much stock in it.

But Thanos, I have to say...so far I'm enjoying the story immensely! Keep it up.
                            "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                            --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Moving...

Prepairing to move to Dayton Ohio. My writing may suffer... but I'll try to keep adding entries on a semi-regular basis at the very least.

Thanos

Comment

Working...
                              X