Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Rodelkeep: Feedback welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rodelkeep: Feedback welcome

I know it's just the introduction so far, and not much of one either...but, I figured I'd drop this in here before I forget and let you all know that you're more than welcome to comment on my story now or at any future addition to it.

Eric
    "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
    --Thomas a Kempis

I read your tale with interest Everking, and will be following your story as new episodes appear. :)

Comment

Thanks for the new part to your tale Everking. :) I was reminded of the world of Harn a little in your description of Rodelkeep.

Comment

Harn? Hm, doesn't ring a bell.

Funny story:

I first wrote a variation of this story several years and it started with Kein riding up to the "oddly barred gates of Rodelkeep" where all the conversation that took place in chapter 1 happened. Well, I handed it over a friend of mine to do some editing (I obviously didn't do that with this one, as the choppyness and vaugness can attest) and he came back right away with an EC book, though I can't remember which one, that opens with nearly identical pace and description. After that I decided to give up on that opening, because I realised that I was simply copying something I had read without realising it. But still, it was nice being compared with Moorcock even if it was just to have someone say, "um...dude, did you copy this?" :lol:
        --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Love the story Everking. I like the way it flows (if that makes any sense :lol: ). Keep it up!
          When they had advanced together to meet on common
          ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
          and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
          each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
          mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
          killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Sorry I haven't posted in a while...Life has been getting the way. Anyway, I'm just dropping a line to say that I am still planing on continuing the story, for those interested. Soon, I hope, I'll have the next piece up.
            --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Ok, so I lied. The second part of Rodelkeep is still pending. With the move to Las Vegas and not having my computer available (thus I can't access my own files) I haven't been able to work on it like I'd hoped. Sometime I will get it up for all of you though.
              --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Well, for those interested, my next installment of Rodelkeep is finally up. For some reason it's not showing on the forum, but if you go to the the actual post and scroll down, it is there.

It is filled with the usuall punctuation, spelling, and gramitcal errors that the previous posts were...sorry about that...but once I get on a roll with a piece, I don't like breaking it and once I'm done, I'm usually too tired to go back and edit. So, besides those small (but numerous) mistakes, I'd be happy to hear comments!
                --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Just to let you know I'm still following your tale Everking. Keep it coming. :)

Comment

Slowly but surely, friend! Good to know there is still interest.
                    --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Working...
                    X