Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

My portfolio...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My portfolio...

The title of this section seemed to suggest that we are allowed to post links to our work here, so if anyone is interested some of my cartoon "portraits" can be found at:

http://uk.geocities.com/deecrowseer/index.html

So far I've only managed two Moorcock related pictures, and they're both basically copies of book covers, but hopefully more original work will emerge from me in time.

Thank you for reading this, and following my link (should you choose to).

D...

PS. Sorry about the "geocities" pop-ups. It's the nature of the beast, I'm afraid.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Hey, they're pretty good :) I especially like the White Stripes ones, and they all remind me of the style of Family Guy. The Lord Jagged one is also one of my favourites - keep it up :D

Comment

Hey, D ..., there's a lot of talent in those drawings. A certain shyness that comes across in the body language of the depicted, probably a passing state of mind. I'm sure you could launch a pretty hip cartoon series of sort if you find a good story to tell over several episodes. Are they just "studies" or are you aiming at gouing further?
      (Which you should)

Best, L'Etranger
      Google ergo sum

Comment

Would you consider creating a series of avatars for this website?
        The cat spread its wings and flew high into the air, hovering to keep pace with them as they moved cautiously toward the city. Then, as they climbed over the rubble of what had once been a gateway and began to make their way through piles of weed-grown masonry, the cat flew to the squat building with the yellow dome upon its roof. It flew twice around the dome and then came back to settle on Jhary's shoulder. - The King of the Swords

Comment

[Blush] Thank you all! I won't spoil it by being all English and self-deprecating, but obviously some of the cartoons are a little older than others... and some of the necks are much thinner than others (it was a stylistic choice, and not one I recommend!)

Originally posted by Wikey
          they all remind me of the style of Family Guy
          I love that cartoon... maybe even a little more than The Simpsons. It's a lot nastier.

Originally posted by LEtranger
          Hey, D ..., there's a lot of talent in those drawings. A certain shyness that comes across in the body language of the depicted, probably a passing state of mind. I'm sure you could launch a pretty hip cartoon series of sort if you find a good story to tell over several episodes. Are they just "studies" or are you aiming at going further?
          (Which you should)
          Bless you! I actually wrote a pilot script for a cartoon series, but it was rejected by a number of animation companies and the BBC. I don't blame them really, it was very strange. I draw little comic books too, but haven't tried to sell any as yet. I thought the website would be of most interest if I restricted it to "studies" of vaguely famous people, rather than annoying anyone with my "unique sense of humour" (to quote the BBC's rejection letter). The Moorcock copies are the most recent additions, and I actually think I'm starting to get the hang of it!

Thank you again. I'm rather glad I put the link up now. :D

D...

Comment

Originally posted by Berry Sizemore
            Would you consider creating a series of avatars for this website?
            I'd love to. Whatever I can do to help! Just say the word, and I'll send you an e-mail...

D.

Comment

DeeCrowseer,
              kindly send me an Email with yours ... I have an idea how I would try to get a large cartoon assignment and with it some acclaim. But wouldn't want to bore the rest here with this.
              Regards, L'E
              Google ergo sum

Comment

Those are great Dee!

Very funny and with alot of personality (if that makes any sense).

I love the Kelly Osbournes. I was so tempted to shrink them down into avatar size on my machine. Good stuff.

can't wait to see what you make for another avatar pack.
                When they had advanced together to meet on common
                ground, then there was the clash of shields, of spears
                and the fury of men cased in bronze; bossed shields met
                each other and the din rose loud. Then there were
                mingled the groaning and the crowing of men killed and
                killing, and the ground ran with blood.

Homer, The Illiad

Comment

Originally posted by VonWeiner
                  I love the Kelly Osbournes. I was so tempted to shrink them down into avatar size on my machine. Good stuff.
                  I've been a fan of Kelly Osbourne for a while, but it wasn't until I tried drawing her that I realised how pretty she was. I hope I've captured some of that, even if it is only in cartoon form.

D...

Comment

Mr D!
                    I'm impressed. I really like your Rocky Horror images. What's your process?

C.

Comment

Originally posted by Samsaramara
                      Mr D!
                      I'm impressed. I really like your Rocky Horror images. What's your process?
                      Bless you!

Er... process? Well, I draw the cartoons with a pencil, then "ink" them with a black gel pen. Then I scan then into the computer, and use a programme called Paint Shop Pro to colour and shade. Some of the Rocky Horror ones have "textured" shading, which is just a basic brush option on PSP.

My "equipment" is all very basic, but it gets the job done (I think).
                      D...

Comment

Were the RH drawings inspired like the Moorcock works (which by the way are also excellent :) )?

I may have a go at an Elric – if I can get my finger out!

C.

Comment

Were the RH drawings inspired like the Moorcock works?
                          Insired? I'm not sure what you mean... Obviously the Moorcock ones are just copied from book covers. All of the other cartoons on the site were copied from various photographs I've collected over the years. As you can see, I have quite a few Rocky Horror photos...

I may have a go at an Elric ? if I can get my finger out!
                          Go for it! The more you draw, the better you get... the better you get, the more you draw. It's all good.

D...

Comment

I thought I recognised some of them, I just didn't want to say 'copied'. :)
                            I'm going to do it. Don't hold your breath though, I'm somewhat of a gastrpod. :D

C.

Comment

To summarize the lost posts:

I'm great.
                              Taoism is great.
                              PsychicWarVeteran is great.
                              Samsaramara will be great.
                              3D modelling is tricky.
                              PsychicWarVeteran's logos are shiny.
                              Did I miss anything? I hope not. Now all I have to do is post this eight times, and I might be back on track to moving up a rating. :D

D...

Comment

Working...
                              X