Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Elric fanart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elric fanart

Hi! I'm a recent arrival to the forums, been lurking a while, but recently decided I should come out of hiding and share some of my fanart with the other fans here. One of the admins suggested that I post up a notice here to mention it- considering the size of the site, this seems a very good idea.

I'm a surrealistic artist specializing in dark fantasty and Lovecraftian horror art, and one of my main fandoms is Moorcock's work, and I often draw fanart of Elric. I should likely pay some other characters some attention soon, but, there's something about the doomed albino which makes him a pleasure to draw.

Currently, the pieces are floating around in Limbo-

Through the Shade Gate (older work)

The Ruby Throne

Farewell, friend

To Call the Chaos Lord

Hope some of the other fans around here might enjoy them.

Hey, this Image Hive software is good. I moved those pics and the links are still good!

Very nice work, t-l.
    You see, it's... it's no good, Montag. We've all got to be alike. The only way to be happy is for everyone to be made equal.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-

Image Hive :-: Wikiverse :-: Media Hive

:-: Onsite Offerings :-:

"I am an observer of life, a non-participant who takes no sides. I am in the regimented society, but not of it." Moondog, 1964

Comment

Those are all really outstanding pieces, tekeli-li!
      _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
      _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
      _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
      _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

Wow. Those pictures are great.

Comment

Those are really great pictures.
          I love your style, that mix of fantasy an surealist art is pretty cool, and your use colors it is also awesome.

Keep on drawing!!

Comment

Thanks very much for comments!

Just uploaded a couple more pictures that I've been working on the last couple weeks, I seem to be on a Moorcock streak. His characters are always great to draw, and the way he describes them always conjures such a strong image- it's impossible for me to read Moorcock without drawing fanart.

The Deep Lord's Doom - Elric faces Lord Pyaray of Chaos.

Prince Corum - A simple portrait of the Prince in the Scarlet Robe. I'm still not sure about his Vadhagh eye, and which part's supposed to be purple, but unless Mike corrects me, probably shall be going with the purple iris/yellow pupil combo, with whites still visible. Forgot to write the media on this one's description, it's prismacolor pencils on black textured paper.

Comment

digging the style

Comment

Those are really cool tekeli-li. The surreal style is really in keeping with the Elric stuff as I think I recall Mike saying in the Q&A once that there's not so much inner life in the Elric stories because the psychological aspects are often extroverted and manifest in Elrics external environment.

Comment

Inspiring.

Comment

Working...
                  X