Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Progress?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress?

Just curious how everyone is doing on the writing front?

I'm still plugging away at my story - just got over a major block that had me stumped for about a week.

Also had some ideas for new stories - and have actually started to write them down as I have them (rather than forget most of it and then try to put it together piecemeal after the fact).
    Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Originally posted by devilchicken
    Just curious how everyone is doing on the writing front?

I'm still plugging away at my story - just got over a major block that had me stumped for about a week.

Also had some ideas for new stories - and have actually started to write them down as I have them (rather than forget most of it and then try to put it together piecemeal after the fact).
    Hi devilchicken!

Thanks for asking!

I put all regular projects on hold as I am putting 95% of my creativity into the new Forum Role-Playing game.

Very good idea, to write all story ideas down!

I love your new avatar! Fantastic!

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I've not added anything yet to my two existing stories, though I've been thinking a little about how to progress them. I've also thought some about how to progress our colaborative tale. I might post my thoughts as suggestions to see if anyone is willing to use them as a loose structure for the combined effort, which seems to have fallen fallow for a while again.

Glad to hear you're still working on your Giant of Yith story devilchicken, and getting inspirations for other stuff too.
      Last edited by Grey Mouser; 10-05-2006, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Grey Mouser,

That's cool.

Suggestions are always welcome, and in fact, needed!

Good Luck with your Works!

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I'm still working on my Darkblade story as well as various other fiction outlets.

Comment

Originally posted by manmiles
            I'm still working on my Darkblade story as well as various other fiction outlets.

Cool,cool!

Maybe I will make a story from a different part of my role-playing world, now that I expanded the maps.Plenty of regions, where I can write stories from,
            that will be about different characters and lands, not the area of the game story. hehe! (Plus there is the other side of the globe....)

-Lemec

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

STILL going. Things been busy last few weeks - thought I would get a lot done on my holiday last week, but the relatives....
              Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

i am in a quagmire . Lack of ideas ......

Comment

I think that the creative energies of Lemec and Morgan are being chanelled into Lemec's excellent RPG in the gaming forum.

As for me, I don't know what I'm doing.

Comment

I'm seriously trying to get this story done - though it is painful at this point. But I have to get it done to know what the flaws are.

My problem is not that I can't come up with ideas - I just find it very hard to develop them. It doesn't help having a difficulty getting down to concentrate.

Comment

Maintaining a regular schedule might help, though that's not easy in a busy life.

Comment

A schedule would definitely help - out of curiosity, what does one look like?

I do sort of work to one unofficially - when the wife is away I have evenings (sometimes up to a work-week) entirely free.

I'm still working on the Yith story - though my "give up and start something else" impulse has been throbbing like an angry monkey. I'm ignoring it thus far - I've actually started to notice things as I'm going through the stuff I write - which really makes me respect people like Mike and Robert E. Howard who were able to write a lot of their stuff in a single draft, sometimes in a single sitting.

For instance, in the story I have said that the Giants come from the nearer moon (implying that there must be more than one). Anyway it just occurred to me - that they're all in this environment where that moon is pretty much the only thing visible in the sky. If you were a refugee from that moon (several generations removed from the people who actually lived there) - it would stand to reason that it might have some sort of quasi-religious / mythical importance to you. I realised I'd completely overlooked it - and it would add a whole layer of depth to the Giants, who so far have seemed a bit flat to me.

I need some "By the Yellow Moon of Yith!" in there ;)

I stole the name Yith from Lovecraft. I figure he won't mind ;)

Comment

I might try to bang out a couple of 4-6 pagers if I can. I have a couple of ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
                            I think that the creative energies of Lemec and Morgan are being chanelled into Lemec's excellent RPG in the gaming forum.

As for me, I don't know what I'm doing.

Thanks,Grey Mouser! :D

Now that I got some things out of my system through the RPG,

I am now going back to writing and working harder on things.

I have the Boardgame about hammered out, a little more complex that it had to be, it might take one full year to play the game!

Lots of different Units and Side Rules! HahaHa!

I am going to jump back into the RPG, I took some days away from it so,I can
                            deliver the goods and make something really cool for everyone to enjoy!

The RPG sort of Blends into the Boardgame, in the RPG, you get to play as hero or champion characters on a first hand view experience of the Great Nation Wars.

In the Boardgame, you get to play as a Military General and Nation Leader.

You get to see the Nation Wars from a different point of view.

You see the overall conflict.

Please, all of you are welcome to play at home with the Boardgame.

You can make the map boards any way you want,with the Nation names and spaces/zones.

If you have some polyhedron dice already,that will be a plus.

I recommend the cannibalization of old games, playing markers and pieces to represent the various units of the game,unless the games you tear apart are collectible,of course,hehe,or of great sentimental value.

I think I will use some Risk,The Lord of the Rings Risk,cardboard markers,other war game pieces and some cheap, small, plastic toys.

I just used white paper and ink pen markers to make the game boards.

I put more sea zones on my large version.

I don't think we will really be able to do it by e-mail,though,being that there are so many dice rolls.

-but if anyone wants to play it,or play test it,please do,haha!

this is something anyone can make,I made it as a companion to my RPG world.

Anyway, I hope you have fun if you give it a try!

It might be a fun social game at home,or a college game.

-or not. There is alot of electonic stuff out there,so it's difficult to compete nowadays,I suppose. ;)

Anyway,just wanted to stop by and chat.

I am all excited into jumping into some stories of my own,plus catching up on my reading!

Thanks Friends!

-Lemec

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by devilchicken
                              I might try to bang out a couple of 4-6 pagers if I can. I have a couple of ideas...
                              Good Luck, DC!

I'm looking forward to seeing it!

-Lem'

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                              X