Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Rebirth (Working Title)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Timberwolf
    The White Wolf
    • Feb 2012

Rebirth (Working Title)

This is the start to an Eternal Champion project that I originally started off way back in 2012/2013 (Thanks to Mike for giving his permission)

The concept behind it is that the Multiverse we know has died with the fading of the last note from the Horn of Fate, but far from being the end of the story it is merely a break between two chess games, a chance to reset the board before the game starts anew.

The idea I was going to pitch to Mike, if I ever got it as far as wanting to publish, is that a short story (which would be public domain or at least within the control of Mike and co.) would form the foundation of the new Multiverse, and this would allow others to build onto this foundation to create their own narratives, ones which would not interfere with or contradict the prime multiverse (which is, as we all know, damn near perfect as a fictional setting)

So what I'm going to do is post the 'prelude' (the part that is designed to be the initial short story) up here and see if you guys think it's something worth pursuing ... and if Mike happens to see it all the better ;)

Figured it would be better doing it by upload ... 8k word piece would be a nightmare on posts.

max 19.5k files … so please excuse the breaks, going to be 14 or 15 files, .doc, so if anyone needs a different format, or just wants the whole thing sending by email, let me know

First upload (2 x 6 files) is the prelude/prologue

Second upload will be done later and contains a linking 'interlude' that 'sets up the board'.

Mike
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Timberwolf; 06-28-2021, 06:41 AM.
    Twitter: The system that put paid to the old adage 'politicians only lie when their lips start moving'
  • Timberwolf
    The White Wolf
    • Feb 2012

7 - 12
    Attached Files
    Twitter: The system that put paid to the old adage 'politicians only lie when their lips start moving'

Comment

• Timberwolf
      The White Wolf
      • Feb 2012

Interludes (linking material)
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X