Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Enclave Story Challenge starting May 30?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enclave Story Challenge starting May 30?

Here's what I think it should be: Jerry Cornelius, in your current city, facing the challenges of the Covid-19 Pandemic. Well or badly, according to taste. And whether or not he's graduated to being a smartphone user or not, according to taste. (I wish Mike was still here so I could ask him which of the other members of the cast is okay to employ along with Jerry Cornelius.) Of course, he's usually playing music, at least some of the time.

Any takers?
    sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
    And incense the power of man with God
    But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
    And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
    by Peter Cape

I recently started writing something like this in longhand as a kind of therapy. Initially I was writing about the way the Cornelius books influenced me creatively, but then it got out of hand and has become a novella of sorts. I think doing this has also helped me to understand the books better.

I've amassed a growing pile of notebooks and press-clippings. I was going to type them up and maybe see if I could get permission to post the end result online in some (non-commercial) way. So I'm up for this.

Comment

Sounds interesting but in my case JC would struggle to find anything of interest out here in Drump-land. Too rural, too backward. Although, that may make for some interesting interactions! har!
      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

It gets more complicated because of this inappropriate intrusion by JC?MM who has discovered this place in which to tell as many as possible that Facebook, having received one of those complaints (here we are in Stalinist Soviets, Nazi Germany and many other autocracies grrrrumble grumble...) from an anonymous person who DISAGREES with an opinion, have blocked me. To which my response is to tell them to bugger off, for which no doubt they would block me. Great resource for responding to readers, but so is this. In attempting to solve the problem, I realised this site was working and apologise for it not sinking in sooner. For some reason I had understood it to be inactive. Tell your facebook friends where to find me! Can't stand censorship because this is precisely what starts happening. Bloody puritanism will always out in the US. Herumph, meanwhile, back at the subject...

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

There's somewhere to post JC stories. http://www.faojc.com/# I have one there. My Trump story was published a couple of years ago by PS -- PEGGING THE PRESIDENT. They reprinted FIRING THE CATHEDRAL at the same time.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
          The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
          Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
          The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
          Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
            It gets more complicated because of this inappropriate intrusion by JC?MM who has discovered this place in which to tell as many as possible that Facebook, having received one of those complaints (here we are in Stalinist Soviets, Nazi Germany and many other autocracies grrrrumble grumble...) from an anonymous person who DISAGREES with an opinion, have blocked me. To which my response is to tell them to bugger off, for which no doubt they would block me. Great resource for responding to readers, but so is this. In attempting to solve the problem, I realised this site was working and apologise for it not sinking in sooner. For some reason I had understood it to be inactive. Tell your facebook friends where to find me! Can't stand censorship because this is precisely what starts happening. Bloody puritanism will always out in the US. Herumph, meanwhile, back at the subject...
            So the revolution begins here? I've been looking for an excuse to curtail my facebook posts anyway.

Comment

I've never been on Facebook. Don't trust the blighter!

Comment

Facebook seems to drain me of energy: I honestly miss the days when the www was about sharing info and ideas and not about sales / consumerism.

I dove into Firing The Cathedral + Pegging The President after I started letting my Cornelius Therapy pour out onto paper: perfect lockdown reading.

My Cornelius tribute has become more Una-centric than JC. I love getting into the groove of it and letting the thing write itself. A deadline would be good I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael Moorcock View Post
                  Great to see you back here. I never fully trusted Facebook.

Comment

Good to see you back, Mike! We've been missing you. And I still want to ask the question, if I'm writing a JC story, set in whereever I've been over the past few decades of my life, is it okay to include any other members of the cast, such as Miss Brunner and Una Persson? Are they part of the general openness of the JC character you established with the Nature of the Catastrophe, or are they more restricted?

Thanks

And as far as Facebook goes, I've got an account there, due to a friend who insisted on me getting one. I've been there about once or twice in the past year. There's not a lot important going on there as far as I'm concerned.
                    sigpic Myself as Mephistopheles (Karen Koed's painting of me, 9 Nov 2008, U of Canterbury, CHCH, NZ)

Gold is the power of a man with a man
                    And incense the power of man with God
                    But myrrh is the bitter taste of death
                    And the sour-sweet smell of the upturned sod,

Nativity,
                    by Peter Cape

Comment

I stay on Facebook because it's an easy way to keep in contact with friends from both the UK and the US, but I've been sorely tempted quite a few times just to peace out on the whole damn place.

Love the idea of doing COVID Cornelius though.

Comment

Working...
                      X