Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Lemec's Story Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lemec
    :lol: I need to expand on that idea more, I thought it might come in handy for space travel, better than eating leather or horse meat I suppose. :D
    Oh, its an awesome idea. And you can tell, cause its the image that has hung with me, well after this "Enclave posting spree," and all the other stories read or scanned, I'm still smirking on those edible furniture! A chocolate loveseat - imagine the possiblities! :D

Comment

• Originally posted by Azariel
      Originally posted by lemec
      :lol: I need to expand on that idea more, I thought it might come in handy for space travel, better than eating leather or horse meat I suppose. :D
      Oh, its an awesome idea. And you can tell, cause its the image that has hung with me, well after this "Enclave posting spree," and all the other stories read or scanned, I'm still smirking on those edible furniture! A chocolate loveseat - imagine the possiblities! :D

Thanks Azariel! You are most kind. :D

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Originally posted by lemec
        Thanks Azariel! You are most kind. :D
        No problem, buddy! All in a days work for a mild-mannered fantasist :D

Comment

• Hello,

I did not get that script on cd yet, but I scanned the first sample page into my computer and here is the link for it :D :

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...DDBC8143343250

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Hello,

Here is another sample,the other pages I will have to put on a seperate link sometime. ;)

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...12FD8B56677878

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• New Story Challenge

I hereby announce a New Story Challenge for 2006-2007! All are welcome to participate! I am sorry that there are no prizes or publications for this event. This challenge is to spark our imaginations and give each other an instrument to view or glimpse each writer's " Soul " and technique. For this first challenge, I want you to create any type of world that you want, it can not be our " Earth " , but it can be an alternate " Earth. " It can be any base genre such as sword & sorcery, epic fantasy, science-fiction, science fantasy, space opera, adventure etc. The parameters also extend to this: 1) I must be about a conflict or some sort of melodrama,drama, romance or comedy or about a war/battle or exploration type story or any combination of these ideas. 2) Focused on some kind of creature(s), beast(s), space alien(s), monster(s) etc. 3) Humans may not be the enemy or villain characters, but other human-like races are more than welcome. 4) Humans can be heroes or take on other roles. 5) You can create any other type of intelligent lifeform(s) that you want. 6) If you go outside the parameters, I will allow it, just please keep writing! It will sort itself out. ;) 7) You can create your world(s) at any technology level that you want, or lack thereof. 8) The Remainder is up to you and your imagination.Please reply here if you have any questions. Please enjoy! Let the writing begin! :)Thanks! -Lemec
              Last edited by lemec; 06-16-2006, 09:06 PM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• That's a generously broad palette you've given us to work with Lemec.

There's an unfinished tale I put aside awhile back which might fit the bill.

@voilodian - keep it coming!

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey Mouser
                  That's a generously broad palette you've given us to work with Lemec.

There's an unfinished tale I put aside awhile back which might fit the bill.

@voilodian - keep it coming!
                  Thanks!, Grey Mouser!, Outstanding! , I have a feeling that will be very, very cool. :) Good Work, as always, Voilodian!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• It's an idea I had ages ago, but suddenly thought about it again after reading this and kinda thought about it at work.

Basically, it's a sword and sourcery style fantasy world, but for the last hundred or so years, space ships from some vast intergalactic space war have been crashing down on this world, bringing with it a good salvagable ammount of the technologies contained within. But it's basically a secret arms race with all the various powers on this world trying to salvage as much as they can without the others knowing. It's not radically adavancing anything because they don't know how any of the machinary works... apart from those very nice weapons. (Taking a page out of corny location names, there is a place called the Dying Desert which was created by a powerful nuclear explosion from one of this ships and still has a lot of poisonous radiation in that area.)

It always seemed to me that the majority of fantasies seemed to take place in this kind of idealised Iron-Age of swords and bows and that anykind of technological advancement was seen as evil.

That's really all I have so far. More to come as I continue working on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by manmiles
                      It's an idea I had ages ago, but suddenly thought about it again after reading this and kinda thought about it at work.

Basically, it's a sword and sourcery style fantasy world, but for the last hundred or so years, space ships from some vast intergalactic space war have been crashing down on this world, bringing with it a good salvagable ammount of the technologies contained within. But it's basically a secret arms race with all the various powers on this world trying to salvage as much as they can without the others knowing. It's not radically adavancing anything because they don't know how any of the machinary works... apart from those very nice weapons. (Taking a page out of corny location names, there is a place called the Dying Desert which was created by a powerful nuclear explosion from one of this ships and still has a lot of poisonous radiation in that area.)

It always seemed to me that the majority of fantasies seemed to take place in this kind of idealised Iron-Age of swords and bows and that anykind of technological advancement was seen as evil.

for some reason this resonates of M. John Harrison's The Pastel City. I love these kinds of stories...

Comment

• Originally posted by manmiles
                        It's an idea I had ages ago, but suddenly thought about it again after reading this and kinda thought about it at work.

wow! very cool! I'm excitied about it! I am glad the challenge is drawing alot of interest. :)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Originally posted by zxvasdf
                          for some reason this resonates of M. John Harrison's The Pastel City. I love these kinds of stories...
                          I'm going to admit that I have read The Pastel City, but remeber little bits since it was in a rushed reading. You'll have to take my word for it that I'm not trying to be rip-off merchant.

Comment

• How's about this:

A race of sorcerers who rule over scattered tribes of mankind on a ruined future earth.

Now... the sorcerers could simply be men with advanced technology (gadgets and such to create the illusion of magic), using it to keep some sort of fragile supremacy over the barbarians?

How's about a guy who kills one of the 'sorcerers' in... I don't know.. a bar fight and assumes his identity. What would he do?
                            Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

• I'll put the first part of mine up possibly tommorow.

Comment

• Whoops, chickened out. I reread it and found it contained a couple of the things on the list Pease posted about fantasy cliches. Ulp. I feel a rewrite is in order.

Comment

Working...
                                X