Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Lemec's Story Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One of those will look quite fine on a book jacket, Lem! Perhaps the pensive look?

Comment

• Originally posted by Doc
      One of those will look quite fine on a book jacket, Lem! Perhaps the pensive look?

Thanks,Doc!

I appreciate that appreciate that comment. Pensive is a delightful word!

(Now to work on an expression of wistfulness,this really gets me thinking!)

You are very kind!

-Joe

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Nice pix, pard. Good idea to post them here.
        Good cowbells, too. Not sure about your taste in fiction...
        Believe it or not, I was feeling pretty jolly when those pictures were taken of me. If you look carefully, you can probably see a bit of a smile!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
        The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
        Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
        The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
        Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
          Nice pix, pard. Good idea to post them here.
          Good cowbells, too. Not sure about your taste in fiction...
          Believe it or not, I was feeling pretty jolly when those pictures were taken of me. If you look carefully, you can probably see a bit of a smile!

Thanks,Mike!

I am glad you like the bells,one is dark green and one is black,they have the original paint on them. I used to have at least one cow magnet at one time,as well. The cow bells do make a great sound!

About the fiction.... I'll never forget that! -incredible remark!

That's fantastic! I did notice the warmth in your eyes on many a picture!

Yep, on a different one especially,I can see the formation of a smile! On this one, I could tell you were happy,that is what had drawn me to it so often,since I saw it in "Elric:Song Of The Black Sword. It's a really cool photograph.

(That is an authentic Artillery Sword from the 1800's,by the way,it was the closest thing I had to a Sword & Sorcery blade! haha! )

Thinking of that picture,brought another question to mind when I gazed upon your beard.

Not that my question has a connection....

It is just that I was thinking of beards...........(thought about growing one some day , but aside from that...)

What kind of oil do some of those Young Kingdom folk use in their beards?

Is that something like I see in movies about ancient Greece and Persia?

-they seem to have well oiled beards in those,

do I remember that correctly?

Thanks,

-Joe

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Originally posted by lemec
            I used to have at least one cow magnet at one time,as well.
            I've never heard of cow magnets, so I just Googled to see what they were:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cow_magnet

That is one of the most surreal things I've come across in a long time. The world truly is a very strange place.

Comment

• I think they used something similar to olive oil or possibly coconut oil. Generally, olive oil was used for subtler jobs, as I remember, while animal fat was used for greasing up weapons and so on. That was why the 'sepoys' were so upset by being told their cartridges had pig or beef fat on them, according to the story which has since been challenged!

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
              The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
              Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
              The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
              Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

Comment

• Hey Lemec, if you enjoy PC games, in particular first person shooters, download the free multiplayer version of F.E.A.R. Your machine needs to be at least 1GB RAM and fast though. Lock and load and watch your back. I play online there as Stormbringer, and I am extremely deadly with a HV Penetrator or Shotgun...
                Last edited by Tales from Tanelorn; 01-16-2007, 12:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael Moorcock
                  I think they used something similar to olive oil or possibly coconut oil. Generally, olive oil was used for subtler jobs, as I remember, while animal fat was used for greasing up weapons and so on. That was why the 'sepoys' were so upset by being told their cartridges had pig or beef fat on them, according to the story which has since been challenged!
                  Very interesting!

I find the life of soldiers,from all around the world, very intriguing.

Talk about "necessity the mother of all invention", when those men were out in the field,they really had to improvise many things in a hurry! Some of our best inventions came from soldiers. I always admired that. Good creative terminology as well.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks, Tales from Tanelorn, I might give that game a try sometime.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike,

This is another image experiment. I got this photograph from a Public Domain site.

I just trimmed the picture a little and added the red and cloud effect from my computer Adobe PhotoDeluxe.

I did not really change it too much,but it turned out really good,so I thought I'd show you.

I think it has that ethereal world appearance.

I call it "Red Zeppelin"

Thanks!
                  Last edited by lemec; 02-17-2007, 04:39 AM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Warcraft looks interesting also but I am not used to paying to play online before so I have never tried it...

http://videogames.yahoo.com/gameprev...e=0&eid=500851

Comment

• Hello, Friends!

I forgot to add the Red Runes on Stormbringer.....

(That was in the other thread)

It is taken from the photograph of the official "Stormbringer" sword replica,of course,hehe!

Enjoy!

Last edited by lemec; 03-18-2007, 02:16 AM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Cowbells in Vegas?? Where are you staying Lemec??...At the:
                        Excowlibur
                        Cowmingo
                        JW Mooriott
                        Planet Hollyhoof
                        Moorage
                        Four Heifers
                        Monte Cowlo

I hope you're not feeding us a line of bull.

Comment

• Originally posted by voilodian ghagnasdiak
                          Cowbells in Vegas?? Where are you staying Lemec??...At the:
                          Excowlibur
                          Cowmingo
                          JW Mooriott
                          Planet Hollyhoof
                          Moorage
                          Four Heifers
                          Monte Cowlo

I hope you're not feeding us a line of bull.
                          voilodian ghagnasdiak!

Oh my! I really laughed hard after I saw your post!

Astounding names!

Thanks!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• I was thinking that the drawings and art in Mike's and James Cawthorn's Illustrated Stormbringer would make a superb bas relief on metal doors,plates and for wooden wall plaques!

If I had a castle,that is!

Can you all imagine this artwork on a gold,brass or bronze door?

That would be magnificent!

For instance,double doors,Elric on the left portal.

I put colour and used the bas relief button to get an idea of how it would be.....

Last edited by lemec; 02-17-2007, 04:43 AM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• "Step away from the Adobe PhotoDeluxe and come out with your hands up!"

_"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
                              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
                              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
                              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

• Originally posted by David Mosley
                                "Step away from the Adobe PhotoDeluxe and come out with your hands up!"

I got a good chuckle out of that one,David!

The thing is,sometimes you need to keep me away from Crayola markers as well!

I have been toying with this idea for awhile now,thought about dressing up as Elric to do it,but then I figured that I could draw it for additional laughs!

This gives new meaning to finding Elric on the internet!

Last edited by lemec; 02-17-2007, 04:43 AM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                                X