Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Lemec's Story Archives

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi Lemec. Sorry I got a bit sidetracked this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by Grey Mouser
      Hi Lemec. Sorry I got a bit sidetracked this week.

Hello Grey Mouser!

Nice to see you! That is no problem. I did miss you though.

-but I did not want to bother you.

Aside from that, there is still alot I need to do on the story.

I hope it was a "good" sidetrack!

-if not, I hope it's better next week!

Thanks!

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Sorry I've been a little busy over the last few days myself. Trying to get a new job, and handle some arrangements for a holiday in October.

Still, things look on track with the story - you might want to check your grammar and spelling a little as you're going.

Impressed with your industriousness - keep it up!
        Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

• Originally posted by devilchicken
          Sorry I've been a little busy over the last few days myself. Trying to get a new job, and handle some arrangements for a holiday in October.

Still, things look on track with the story - you might want to check your grammar and spelling a little as you're going.

Impressed with your industriousness - keep it up!

Thanks, DC!

I'll keep that in mind. I'll try to make it better.

Good Luck with the job!

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

• (A,'I-don't-know-what'.-by Lemec on November 25th,2006) -flash fiction?

Title:

"Who Will Bury The Last Person?"

"Will the exequies be held by the outsiders?
            On a cold drained orb of cerulean.
            What rites are performed for the one, who has reached the terminus?
            There can be no articulation.
            The anthropological sentient has been cheated by those who concluded their release."

Thanks!

-Joe
            Last edited by lemec; 11-25-2006, 06:46 PM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Hey Joe - I just read through your earlier stuff again and Expedition is really intriguing, plus you have some really good dialog going on there. Any plans to finish/expand it?
              Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

Comment

• Originally posted by devilchicken
                Hey Joe - I just read through your earlier stuff again and Expedition is really intriguing, plus you have some really good dialog going on there. Any plans to finish/expand it?
                Hello devilchicken!

Thanks very much! You are most kind!

Yes, I thought about writing it at the start of the new year,haha!

That might be the one to go with first...

For what I plan to do with it,I want to make sure my historical facts are accurate and that I know more about all the little American towns scattered about the country!

It is a good thing to have the internet for quick access to things of reality,plus I might want to stop by the library for a few things,as my fiction will be in a real setting for that one.

With you interest,I am getting fired up about it again!

When this one is finished,I will try to make it a longer one,I will send you a paper copy of it,hehe.

I am encouraged by everyone on the site,so I really am going to increase my efforts!

With the RPG,I think I got my fantasy/sorcery out of my system,so now I can do other things,HahaHa!

Yep,the game may suffer a little after the holidays,but I must press on to something I am really excited about,the stories!

Now,that I learned alot,just by reading your material and advice,and by reading stuff from our friends,I think I might have a chance of expanding that to a novel. I'm going to try for 350 pages and see what happens!

I wanted to try to make something up before next summer,so even if I only do a little each day,I should reach the goal,eventually.

Now,I know which idea to go with...,of course I will do some other things on the side,but "Expedition" seems to be the one to go with,among other things,it is more different from work that is already out there,than my other short tales.

That 'Deleb' story was more of a role-play half-adventure and the other one, 'Assemby',was alot like a "Moorcock" influenced "Edgar Rice Burroughs" type story,with a modern twist. -at least it seemed that way in my mind!

I am going to post my outer space story in the Enclave,as soon as I know it is rejected for sure,hehe. It is only 1,000 words though,I think.

I am going to make some changes for the better,for sure!

Thanks!

-Joe
                Last edited by lemec; 11-26-2006, 08:36 AM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Was that In with the Old,Out with the New?-Either way,I found something that I wrote

Hello!

I found a notebook of some old stuff that I wrote....

I think it was from the time before I joined the Miscellany,so I don't think I posted it,but some things might have went into other things,anyway,I will put a sample of it in here.

Thanks!

-Lemec

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Oh! It does look like I wrote the date on this one,June 3rd 2004.

Untitled*

A Story Fragment of Fiction by Lemec

On a cold winter night,Lord Bazar of Jablur sat deep in his padded armchair. He looked out at his guests,who are seated at a rectangular oak table. They are playing a game,a very strange game,which often proved to be an interesting diversion.

There are sixteen participants including the noble lord and his companions,Deleb Leafcrest,Sadra Kellana,Duke Ben Yaveen,Guildmaster Romelk,Knight-Captain Gurry,Jema Greythorn,Countess Villacord,Khawmeere Fletcher,Sergeant Harold Vaas Kelma,Brejellen,Emner Lafurt,Aklurm Furmellost,Magra Qawg,Alex Nightbird along with Princess Amber Neppakos.
                    Last edited by lemec; 01-02-2007, 07:00 AM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• In front of each player,there is a,four-inch tall, obelisk with a carved rune on the side facing the center of the table. Every symbol has a meaning,starting from Lord Bazar and progressing clockwise around he board,the runes each represent a single word.

Protector,Sorcery,Warrior,Energy,Priest,Tree,Fire, Steel,Water,
                      Blood,Air,Dragon,Earth,Sword,Star and Ghost.

Psychic pressure erupted from thin air and a bright flame of green flared up from a small clay bowl,while the stone glyphs tremble.

"The game begins!",shouted Brejellen,a fat man of middle years who is wearing a brown monk's robe with a silver cord belt. He gripped his birch cane,which has carved bird shapes etched into it's upper surface.

"Draw a card,Deleb.", commanded Bazar. The man drew the square parchment and laid the card face down in front of his grey feather,pointed,cap.

Lord Bazar continued to speak, "Tonight's prize will be the Titles and Station to Krath Castle,the Estate of Kaldrom that rests within Dulam County."

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• "Draw,Sadra."

Lady Kellana picked up a card from the top of the thick deck and placed it in front of her armrest. She is wearing a red silk dress,complete with a silver medallion,that is suspended from her slender neck. Her raven hair is presently worn tied up high and held in place by a sapphire
                        tiara.

"Draw a card,Ben." The duke took a card and touched it gently around the edges,before placing it in front of him.
                        Yaveen is a man who has seen over fifty summers. His blue eyes peer out from his bushy black brows and his grey thatch of hair. He maintained a neat beard over his
                        weather-worn,tan,face. A broad smile appeared as he drank from a wine goblet.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• "Draw,Rommy," instructed Lord Bazar,as he had done with the other contestants.

Grath Romelk,Guildmaster and Chairman of the Carpenters
                          and Blacksmiths of the mountain city known as Behlant. He
                          is a tall man with short blonde hair, grey eyes and bone-thin fingers. This day, he is dressed in a black leather tunic and beige deerhide breeches with black calf boots. He rested his hand on the card.

"Draw a card,Captain."

Darot Gurry,captin of the Fifth Cavalry,drew his game piece. He is five-foot-seven and is wearing a soldier's garb,a simple cotton overshirt and dark blue slacks. He did not bring his knight's chain-mail or other mesh armour,as it was late in the night and he sat in a fortified keep. Short brown hair matched his brown eyes.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• "Draw,Miss Greythorn."

The woman softly placed her card att he edge of the wood table. Jema has deep crimson hair and very pale skin. She is
                            the youngest person inside the chamber at eighteen years of age. Many consider her to be a pure and natural beauty,the kind of perfection from the ancient tales,with a firm athletic body. Miss Greythorn's large green eyes are quite remarkable in any society that one can find on the entite world of thirteen continents,hundreds of islands and a dozen oceans. As it is this night,she ofen wears a turquoise colour dress,which is produced by the weaving of some soft,yet unnatural material. An emerald ring adorns her left hand.

Rumor had it that in her birthplace of Vabem in Nate, she
                            had poisoned and killed a suitor to avoid a pre-arranged marriage. Nobody in the Lord's Court had brought this information up at a meeting of minds. The nobility had no real desire to do so, Jema had been living in Behland for over a year and she caused no trouble.

Greythorn owns an herb shop in the North Quarter. She once stated her reason for moving to the land mass named Ascamonia, it was a direct result of her worried mother,who wanted he daughter to have a better education and life in the more established parts of the globe.
                            Last edited by lemec; 01-02-2007, 07:03 AM.

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• "Countess,draw..."

A woman of fifty-two years,Ameya Villacord,Countess of Aglet and Ruler of Lac Ahyote, has made several accomplishments over the years,one of these finished goals,was the founding of the Realm Library and the Post-Sennrox Empire Treaty,which allowed the Country of Grejlemam to share the largest lake on Ascamonia with the Kingdom of Behlro.

She is wearing an onyx necklace,violet blouse and charcoal riding pantaloons. A practical,ten-inch,bone handled dagger
                              hung at her waist of the left side of her narrow belt. A rolled scroll is stuffed into the Lady's horse boots. Villacord took her card and placed it gingerly on the board.

(To be continued.....)

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

• Mike,Do you like these photographs? -they are a tribute to the Miscellany.

Mike,Do you like these photographs? -they are a tribute to the Miscellany.

I had these taken late last night/early morning for 2007.

I am inspired by many things on Moorcock's Miscellany so I felt like showing, in pictures, how much I greatly enjoy this web site and forum.

Next time,I will post some photographs that are not of me!

I am not getting a big ego,I just like having some fun with pictures,and I like to share them.

What do you think of the idea behind them so far? At a later date and time,I will experiment some more and use my 35mm camera,these I made from an instant camera,then I trimmed them on my computer.

Thanks!

-----------
                                -----------
                                -----------

On this first photograph, was going for a look like this.....

...but, as you can see, I did not really come close!

Please let me know what you think of theses as well.

*A novel writer in training?*

I was pretending to see how it would feel if I was on the insert of a book cover.

I did take some with the other camera to try to capture some good shadows. I realy like Moonglum,he is one of the top ten favourite characters,I think Jhary-a-Conel is #1 for me! (That is another reason why I really enjoy your books,it's nice to read about characters who are not all perfect in appearance. haha!)

Joe's (Lemec's) photographs of some of my most important and most enjoyable reading material!

Last,but not least, "I need more cow bell!"

I wonder if Blue Oyster Cult will let me carry my cow bell into their concert? HahaHa!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIJ3vP6G7cI

Thanks very much,Mike !!!

Best Wishes!

-Joe

Last edited by lemec; 07-15-2007, 11:19 PM. Reason: I need to take better photographs,deleted some pictures that were not needed,thanks!

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Working...
                                X