Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Transplanted Fun from Swordsorcery-Pt.1 If you could be metamorphosed...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transplanted Fun from Swordsorcery-Pt.1 If you could be metamorphosed...

If you could be ( or were forced to become) permanently metamorphosed into any one fictional character-either creature,monster,thing or object, who/what would you choose to become?
    (female/male/androgenous/ or any other is allowed)

The character and their setting would become reality, and you would "be" the character with all their skills,powers,memories and attributes, but you would also remember your former life and experiences. You would be you inside,only that all outside characteristics such as voice,eye colour, body shape etc. will be that of the character-and you have to take on their role in life. You will transform into that character and will control it, as you control yourself, the character's original essence or "soul" would be gone forever; however, you can recall their memories and experiences. (if the character that you choose had them in the first place.) The effect will last forever. You would become the character, you would just add to it, your life's experience,behavior,personality,interests etc. You will look exactly like the character.

The exception to the rule, would be:

Example A: If the character whom you select is a doppelganger type shape-shifter, then you would be able to use your normal transforming abilities.

Example B: If you become Michael Moorcock's "John Daker", you might involuntarily become one or more of the "Eternal Champions from Moorcock's "Multiverse."

-------------------------------------------

Please list your choice of character and reasons for wanting to become it.

The character that you choose can be from any work of fiction that has been published in any time period up to and including present day.

(The character can be from a poem, a movie, a song, a book, a story a comic, a legend etc.)

Enjoy!

Thanks,

-Lemec
    Last edited by lemec; 08-19-2006, 04:12 AM.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

I would choose:

Jhary-a-Conel

-because he gets to travel almost everywhere in the Multiverse and is able to talk to alot of interesting people. He is a fine companion and gets to hang around Whiskers. I would get to talk to and see in person many fascinating people, such as Elric and Dorian Hawkmoon while being able to go just about anywhere on the Moonbeam Roads. I could see who I wanted without having to live their lives, only participate in them. I like to show up in unexpected places.

-from several books by Michael Moorcock. In various novels that "The Eternal Champion" is part of the story. Created by Michael Moorcock.

(That brings up a good question, in my opinion. Which books have Jhary in them?)

Thanks!

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Youre going to have to be patient for responses to these 2 questions Lemec (Part 1 & Part 2). My brain is going like a Gyro as to which character I would prefer to be morphed into and it will be Moorcockian !!

Comment

Working...
      X