Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

More Four Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Four Stories

Noble kind free people of Multiverse,

Firstly, thanks for your commentaries about my previous shortstories.
    Now, I publish here other fours stories.
    Good reading and commentaries will be welcome.

Greetings,
    Rita Maria Felix da Silva
    State of Pernambuco
    Brazil.

It would be better...
    By Rita Maria Felix da Silva

"Maybe the approach?" – pondered Quentin Whitehill for the infiniteth time - "Quantically is perfect. It should work...”

He wished to desist, but he continued to revise the experiment. It seemed he already had made this during an eternity, however now he felt near of his purpose: to improve the world forever.

(Sometimes, he remembered the dream, the one ended in a big explosion. But, he repressed this memory soon. (“Illusion caused by the tiredness” – he justified for himself).

Hidden, the demon brothers A-d-b-o and A-k-s-o watched the scientist.

“Somebody should tell to him.”- suggested A-d-b-o.

“Do you mean to tell he’s in Hell and destroyed the Earth while was searching "the source of perfect energy"? Oh, no! It’d be too cruel! The time changed, we’re this way no more. If we do so, we just would give motive for bad things continue being said against our kind.

End

The English version of this text is dedicated to Alian

Lottar Gan Amon

Lottar Gan Amon... Sleeping in Earth’s core. Defined by himself as a god. The mightiest being in the whole Creation. Without worshipers. Forgot by the stories, while the humankind innocently spread itself on the world.

He loves only himself and excessively. His heart is evil like the Devil, whom he slew a little more than an eternity ago. He accumulates power and fury, dreams of fire and apocalypse, and longs the awakening day, to extinguish all what lives, until only remains... Lottar Gan Amon...

End

One last word

09: 00 AM... Church of Mary’s Sacred Heart. Sao Bento da Trindade, Pernambuco, Brazil:

“Father Jose, I’ve seen in my dream: God has lost his patience with the humankind at last and he said ‘Enough!’ And the world’s going to end today.

“Cassiano, since you are a little boy you suffers theses… Deliriums. Understand this: you are not a saint or any biblical prophet.... You need a psychiatrist.”

“But, Father, It’s going to happen! And I’d to tell somebody.”

“Sincerely... Forgive me: look at all these persons in this file. They want to confess too. Go away and have a nice day!”

14:00 PM... Studio of the TV Station St. Anna, Bulletin News “Now News”, last broadcast… Sao Paulo City, Brazil:

“... Simultaneous catastrophes on the whole globe. The number of deaths is counted in millions and religious groups already are speaking about the End of World...”

End

Too Late

Samia waited Allors for almost five years. He returned irrevocably wound, fell down from the saddle and the young woman run to help him.

“I die because of my foolishness”, he lamented, “Instead to stay here with you and to be happy, I looked for the Adebe-on-Ugir, The Ancient People’s language, one of the power and magic. A lie. I have made enemies in East. Some of them have followed me.

From the horizon fifty horsemen came. They surrounded Samia and Allors soon.

Samia looked at those foreigners. She pronounced three words and they fell down horribly shredded.

“What...?” questioned Allors.

“Adebe-on-Ugir. My ancestors spoke it. I swore I would not use it.
    It served for war and vengeance, not to save lives.”

Allors smiled and died.

Samia wept and pronounced other word. Then flames covered those lovers’ bodies.

End
    Dedicated to Agnes Mirra

impressive ......

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Kane
      impressive ......
      Morgan,

Thanks.
      Which these stories do you liked best?

State of Pernambuco
      Brazil

Comment

at second thought : "To late " about absurdity of life ..........

The least strong is Lottar Gan Amon.

the two others are interesting .....

" It would be better..." takes his sense and interest with :
        we just would give motive for bad things continue being said against our kind

Comment

Thanks Rita-Maria. Your stories are always thought-provoking.

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Kane
            at second thought : "Too late " about absurdity of life ..........

The least strong is Lottar Gan Amon.

the two others are interesting .....

" It would be better..." takes his sense and interest with :
            :) Thanks, Morgan!
            I am particularly pride about "Too Late"
            "Lottar Gan Amon" is inspired by Norse Mythology (Surtur) and H.P. Lovecraft.
            "One last word" is very unpretentious.
            "It would be better" is another story of mine with the Whitehill Family http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whitehill.

State of Pernambuco
            Brazil

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
              Thanks Rita-Maria. Your stories are always thought-provoking.
              :) Thank you very much, Grey Mouser!
              Please, which this stories did you like best?

State of Pernambuco
              Brazil

Comment

Ah, Rita-Maria I'm not very much use at questions like that. Perhaps because I'm a Libran I can never decide or make my mind up. They are all very different but I couldn't put one above another.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
                  Ah, Rita-Maria I'm not very much use at questions like that. Perhaps because I'm a Libran I can never decide or make my mind up. They are all very different but I couldn't put one above another.
                  Grey Mouser,

Thanks. I will publish more stories here soon.

State of Pernambuco
                  Brazil

Comment

Hi RitaMaria! It's been a while since I got to spend some time in the Enclave. I'm glad you're still posting! I have a lot to catch up on...

I really liked your Lottar Gan Amon. It really evoked those mythical Norse images for me. It brings to mind the thoughts I had while reading Neil Gaiman's American Gods, on the power of belief--upon which even the gods depend.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                      Hi RitaMaria! It's been a while since I got to spend some time in the Enclave. I'm glad you're still posting! I have a lot to catch up on...

I really liked your Lottar Gan Amon. It really evoked those mythical Norse images for me. It brings to mind the thoughts I had while reading Neil Gaiman's American Gods, on the power of belief--upon which even the gods depend.
                      Doc,

Welcome back to the Enclave!
                      Thanks.
                      Lottar Gan Amon is very influencied by two sources: specialy Surtur's myth of the Norse Mythology and there is a lovecraftian tone in this story.
                      I still have not read "American Gods", but it is in my list of future readings.
                      I will publish other texts of mine here soon.

Multiverse's section named State of Pernambuco
                      Brazil

Comment

Working...
                      X