Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Five Stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Five Stories

Hi, Kind Free People of Multiverse,
    These are five shorstories I have written. Good readind and comment will be welcome.
    Oh, my original language is Portuguese not English, for this reason forgive me eventual mistakes, ok?
    Rita Maria Felix da Silva
    State of Pernambuco
    Brazil.

DIVINITY
    By Rita Maria Felix da Silva

“The most wonderful universe I ever created”, She thought and caused an infinite point to explode and energy be spread into the empty, while She planned galaxies and genotypes. Incommensurably happy, she counted atoms, prideful for her work.
    And She smiled to the tiny mind which dared to watch her.

The Cardinal Raul Pedreiras broke his connection.

“Blasphemy! – He shouted – Your machine is a fraud!”

“I’ve shown to you what you’ve asked for me: the beginning of the Universe and...”

“God’s mind?! Impossible! Charlatan! My report to the Vatican will prohibit this sacrilegical experiment.”

Before Dr. Gervasio’s surprised eyes, the cardinal left from that laboratory mumbling.

“God, happy and in rapture?! A trick! The Creator is above these earthly human things. And, what is worse... God, a woman...?! Filthy heresy! He is a man!”

End
    Dedicated to Michael Moorcock

AEONS
    By Rita Maria Felix da Sila

She - the queen of this world, the same world which was born when the previous humankind was extinguished – woke from a bad dream.

Ordonax, her husband, came to hers.

“Did you already know?” - He asked – “Today, while you was sleeping, Aj’z, the immortal, died”.

With these dark words, a prophetic wind came from East and a tear rolled from her left eye.
    She stayed in silence and remembered the olderest legend of your people. Aj’z, the most ancient creature in this world, is over. Now it was the time of this world to end again.

END

THE ISLAND AT THE END OF ROSES

It was said that event started at the Central Africa – after all, it was from there the first news came. Roses – the most beautiful and strange one ever already had seen - were impossibly spreading for the all places: on deserts and fertile lands; mountains and rocks; houses, streets and persons... And anything which was touched by them was transformed in more roses.

Obviously the humankind put on that event a certain quantity of unbelief and mockery; a measure of theories, opinions and creeds; and so fear, fury and technology than it possessed – and a little more that the despair permitted to improvise.

However the roses crossed the oceans – converting those huge aquatic distances in flowered perfumed landscape. The roses reached the other continents and none action or will was able to stop them.

For the humans rested only to flee from rose apocalypse, because they had understood nothing more they could do.

Until, after all, the last women and men stopped their running at a little island of what once had been the Pacific Ocean. Perhaps the Gods pitied them, because the roses seemed to spare that piece of this ground and, this way, those refugees there lived.

The life at the island – a land rounded by roses for all its sides - was very harsh, but, they insisted to keep living, maybe just they are afraid to die or perhaps due the conscience the humankind, justly, must not cease to exist . Never the reason was known.

What really minds is they were unhappy, in a way so desperate and deep, than they could not explain, not even for themselves, that abyssal feeling. Living had been turned in an unbearable load for them, something that seemed a sin, because one part of their souls whispered the humankind’s time already had finished. However, they resisted, sat down and wept held each other. But, between a tear and other, they remembered those dead by the roses and they perceived the simple, profound and almost celestial happiness which emanated from those faces. The exiled in the island remembered those dead ones and they envied them.

It is told it was this way, until the last exiled died, and he felt so unhappy like the others. But, when he closed his eyes, in the ultimate moment, thought of the Earth covered by roses and wondered never there had been a tomb more wonderful, tragic and beautiful like his one.

When the last human departed, the roses advanced on the island.

END
    Dedicated to LEtranger.

ELEGIAC

Sorrowful, Zashiel wandered between the Heaven and the Hell. None dared to disturb him.

“The silence is maddener.”, he said, “I do no more listen the blessed chaos of their thoughts or the beating of their millions hearts, whose were compelled for noble causes sometimes and other times for mean ones... The Universe is too big and that people no more exist in order to bring any meaning for it.

After watching that scene, the demon A-k-s-o turned himself to his brother, A-d-b-o:

“What can be disturbing this angel?”

— Zashiel was on Earth. For some mean, the humans extinguished themselves at last.

— Good News! All will better without them.

END

KHAR-ZON-YRKIL’S STATUE

Except by the human beings refugees in the moon of this worls (a few unhappy ones which still dreamt of the humankind’s lost days) nobody called this planet “Earth”. No more. It was Zephiraz now.

At a square, a teacher discussed pridefully for his pupils — a crow of blue humanoids — about the Khar-Zon-Yrkil’s statue, the greatest People’s idol and leader of the glorious troops which terminated the most of humans during the Great Colonization.
    Bored, Zeirin-Nadamir turned himself to Naran-Yazir.

“Look at these “scrawls” on the statue.”

“Oh! Human’s sympathizers made this! The Govern should burn’ em!”

“And what do they mean?”

“Ancient human language... ‘Inglazd, Inglesh’. This is ‘genocide’ and this is ‘damned hunter’. Bullshit! Hey! The teacher’s looking at here furious!”

END
    Last edited by RitaMaria; 07-12-2006, 10:22 PM.

Some more great stuff Rita-Maria. The Island at the End of Roses in particular has a kind of weird and spooky beauty. Reminds me a little of Clark Ashton Smith. Did you ever think of expanding it a little and sending it in to a magazine, or are you just happy writing for your own pleasure and that of your friends?

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
      Some more great stuff Rita-Maria. The Island at the End of Roses in particular has a kind of weird and spooky beauty. Reminds me a little of Clark Ashton Smith. Did you ever think of expanding it a little and sending it in to a magazine, or are you just happy writing for your own pleasure and that of your friends?

Grey Mouser,

Thanks.
      I still have not read CAS, but I am going to search about him.
      I have some text published in brazilians sites, some in one portuguese site and a few texts in http://www.WriterstoYou.com and http://www.allpoetry.com, besides this site, http://www.multiverse.org/fora
      Recently, the greek magazine Universe Pathways (http://www.lulu.com/content/358372) has published three shortstories of mine: "About The Wolf's Nature", "Desertical Ones" and "The Time After".
      A brazilian eletronic fanzine (Elefante Bu), which is distributed through e-mail, has published some texts of mine too.
      I am thinking about to send my texts to those links you have posted here in Multiverse and sometimes I think to try Prototype X. If you think I can have any chance with PX?
      About "The Island at the End of Time", like you some brazilian readers have suggested I expand this story... Something to be thought...

State of Pernambuco
      Brazil

Comment

PX is a very eclectic magazine and I'd say there's a good chance Perdix would consider some of your stuff. There's a submission guidelines thread at the top of the Enclave. PX-2 is currently being finalised so probably too late for that but acording to a recent announcement he made in the PX forum here he is accepting submissions for PX-3 right now.

Yes the Roses story just has a great atmosphere to it. If you wanted to expand it I'd suggest introducing a couple of characters that appeal to you and show how they slowly succumb to the Roses weird charm. Maybe boost the story up to about 2000 words +?

Comment

RitaMaria,

That is an impressive amount of stories in your imagination.

I am amazed they they flow so well and thatthey all are different and very cool.

I enjoyed your story "DIVINITY" the best.

It is wonderful how they make one think.

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
            PX is a very eclectic magazine and I'd say there's a good chance Perdix would consider some of your stuff. There's a submission guidelines thread at the top of the Enclave. PX-2 is currently being finalised so probably too late for that but acording to a recent announcement he made in the PX forum here he is accepting submissions for PX-3 right now.

Yes the Roses story just has a great atmosphere to it. If you wanted to expand it I'd suggest introducing a couple of characters that appeal to you and show how they slowly succumb to the Roses weird charm. Maybe boost the story up to about 2000 words +?
            Grey Mouser,

Thank you very much for your suggestions!
            I am going to think about this matter.
            And, yes, I am going to try Prototype X.

Rita

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
              RitaMaria,
              That is an impressive amount of stories in your imagination.
              I am amazed they they flow so well and thatthey all are different and very cool.
              I enjoyed your story "DIVINITY" the best.
              It is wonderful how they make one think.
              -Lemec
              Lemec,

Thanks!
              :) My idea to post some shortstories (and not only one) was just this: to permit to reader contact with a plenty of sub-universes of mine.
              I like to had written "Divinity" very much. I put a lot of my ideas and opinions in it.

State of Pernambuco
              Brazil

Comment

Working...
              X