Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Four stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Four stories

Hi, free people of Multiverse!
    These are four shortstories written by me.
    I hope you like them.
    Comments are welcome.
    Rita Maria Felix da Silva
    State of Pernambuco
    Brazil.

THE TIME AFTER
    By Rita Maria Felix da Silva

“Where am I? It’s dark here! Is there anybody else here?”
    “Cliché questions, Carolina.”
    “Who are you? I can’t see him.”
    “Do not be afraid. I will be with you during this crossing. What is the strongest memory in your life?”
    “What a strange question! I... The book ‘Eight Minutes under Water’, Nora Winter wood’s. I love it. Hugo doesn’t like... Where is he?”
    “The party at the boat during that storm. You have drunk a lot. You have fallen into water.”
    “I... Sank remembering ‘Eight Minutes... ’. Hugo shouted...”
    “He never confessed he loved you. He also almost drowned himself trying to save you.”
    “What are you saying?”
    “You died.”
    “Lie!”
    “I am sorry. Start to walk. We have a long walk till... A better place, where the deceased Nora Winterwood waits to meet you.”

[CENTER]
    END
    Dedicated to David Mosley

AN EPIPHANY FOR AGNES
    A Tale of the Charles Fort General Hospital

“It’s true: we’re a much regarded medical institution,” answered Dr. Silvio, while he was walking with the beginner Dr. Flavia along the psychiatric section of the Charles Fort Hospital, “but, do you know what I really love in this job? The strangest patients end coming down here”.
    “Pardon?” asked Flavia.
    “Look at this: Agnes Whitehill, from London. Her family never asked for the extradition. She wasted his life chasing wackiness like UFOS and ETs. Ten years ago, she’d got a collapse and she woke no more. Only God knows what happened... And I’d love to find. Let’s go. There’re more “bizarrenesses” to be shown for you.”
    Ten years ago... Agnes’ mind:
    “At last, I am before them... They are… Gigantic... Powerful... Perfect...Their light... Too intense... Burning my mind... My soul....”

END
    Dedicated to Kirk Starr

IT WOULD BE BETTER...

"Maybe the approach?" – pondered Quentin Whitehill for the infiniteth time - "Quantically is perfect. It should work...”
    He wished to desist, but he continued to revise the experiment. It seemed he already had made this during an eternity, however now he felt near of his purpose: to improve the world forever.
    (Sometimes, he remembered the dream, the one ended in a big explosion. But, he repressed this memory soon. (“Illusion caused by the tiredness” – he justified for himself).
    Hidden, the demon brothers A-d-b-o and A-k-s-o watched the scientist.
    “Somebody should tell to him.- suggested A-d-b-o.”
    “To tell he’s in Hell and destroyed the Earth while was searching "the source of perfect energy"? Oh, no! It’d be too cruel! The time changed, we’re this way no more. If we do so, we just would give motive for bad things continue being said against our kind.

End
    Dedicated to Alian

AMONG HIS TEETH

The Press had called it “the Infection”. A plenty of persons thought it was “a virus”. Other, more superstitious, believed in “a global wide curse”. Any way, for the whole world, persons were transformed in monsters.
    Olavo dedicated five years and all his Science to find a cure. Ingrid always was beside him and she was all the love he needed in this world.
    One day the luck gave him up. Satiated that tyrannical hunger, Olavo looked at his horribly metamorphosed body and cried while pieces of his wife fell from his mouth.
    Near from him, a four legged monster – which before had been a failed European poet, just smiled and said:
    “Welcome to the club!”
    And it began to eat the remains that Olavo let to fall.

End
    Dedicated to S. Ombre
    Last edited by RitaMaria; 07-08-2006, 07:52 PM.

In my opinion, the best THE TIME AFTER and IT WOULD BE BETTERis good ......

AN EPIPHANY FOR AGNES and AMONG HIS TEETH are lacking something from my point of view ....

An epiphany is too easy ....... no openning on another thing and AMong his teeth is too evident .....

Comment

Originally posted by Morgan Kane
      In my opinion, the best THE TIME AFTER and IT WOULD BE BETTERis good ......

AN EPIPHANY FOR AGNES and AMONG HIS TEETH are lacking something from my point of view ....

An epiphany is too easy ....... no openning on another thing and AMong his teeth is too evident .....
      Morgan Kane,

Thanks for your comments!
      Among stories that I wrote, "The Time After" is one that surprised me (simple, very experimental and readers like very much).
      "It Would Be Better" is part of what I can call "Whitehill Family's Chronicles" (oh, I have other stories about them, "An Epiphany..." for instance).
      I see and I thank your opinions about "An Epiphany..." and "Among..."

Rita Maria Felix da Silva
      State of Pernambuco
      Brazil.

Comment

Working...
      X