Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Hundreth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hundreth

Firstly, thanks for the kind interesting commentaries about "A House" and "You in the Mirror".
    Now, I post this other text of mine. Oh, I should remind you: my original language is Portugues not English. For this reason, please, forgive me for eventual mistakes.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.
    State of Pernambuco.
    Brazil.

HUNDREDTH
    By Rita Maria Felix da Silva

At the Kingdom of the Gods, Mira missed her consort and she went to search him. She found him sat on a rock. Sparks shone around him.

“Algol, what are you making?” she asked.

“A constellation. I will populate it with a new race of intelligent humanoids in order of they evolve until be perfect.”

“Like you tried with the humans?”

“Yes! And, since I will succeed, even the ancient Gods will praise me”.

“Serious?” she mocked.

“This time will work! Not am I worth of a second chance?”

“You were... When you committed the first of your previous ninety nine failures”.

Algol spited a divine obscenity. Mira left him alone.

While she was walking back, Mira remembered her lovers in Earth did not hear hers either... And that planet finished exploding. Men. Always so stubborn.

End

Note: The English version of this text is dedicated to Doc, Grey Mouse and Heiron, of the http://www.multiverse.org
    Last edited by RitaMaria; 07-05-2006, 08:58 PM.

Some nice humour there Rita-Maria. I like tales like this, which contrast and play on the difference in scale between human and godlike perspectives (best examples for me being some of EREddison's stuff and Mike's Dancers tales).

Comment

very cool, I like the imperfect Gods idea. 99 failures,hehe.

I hope you keep going at it. :)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
      - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by lemec
        very cool, I like the imperfect Gods idea. 99 failures,hehe.

I hope you keep going at it. :)
        Oh, thankyou, Lemec.
        This story is one of those I wish to make sequels.
        Just wait.
        Rita.

Comment

Working...
        X