Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

You in the Mirror

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You in the Mirror

Folks,
    This is another text of mine. As you know, my original language is Portuguese, not English. For this reason, please, forgive me eventual mistakes. Ok?
    Rita

You in the Mirror
    By Rita Maria Felix da Silva

From Joao Mariz Fernandez’s memories:

“I was transferred to the regiment in Lunar Colony. All that things occurred ten years ago. I still lament. Sometimes, I weep.

Since I was afraid the execution due for disobedience, I have accepted to lead that expedition to capture Jose Cordonella. The World Council labelled him as a ‘political criminal.’

But I knew him like nobody else: the best person I ever saw. The radical obscene ideas (“freedom of expression”, “democracy”...) was what ruined him.

Jose resisted to be arrested. I shot him. The Central Commando snarled – because they wished to execute him in public - but, they were satisfied with that death. I was not.

My memories about him still haunt me.

Maybe, I am just a weak, after all, why a man would care so much with his clone?”

End

Note: the english version of this text is dedicated to Berry Sizemore
    Last edited by RitaMaria; 06-23-2006, 08:21 PM.

As usual, you give us something interesting and thought provoking. Please keep posting them!

Comment

Another interesting vignette Rita-Maria. You have a knack for distilling the essence of a scenario with a few well chosen lines.

Brave souls like Jose Cordonella always show up the flaws in totalitarian systems like the World Council, for if the ideas he espouses are a threat to them then their system is weak, and will always ultimately fall.

No government power can be abused long. Mankind will not bear it. There is a remedy in human nature against tyranny, that will keep us safe under every form of government.

Samuel Johnson
      Last edited by Grey Mouser; 06-29-2006, 06:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
        As usual, you give us something interesting and thought provoking. Please keep posting them!
        Doc, thanks.
        I will publish another text of mine here soon.

Rita.

Comment

Originally posted by Grey Mouser
          Another interesting vignette Rita-Maria. You have a knack for distilling the essence of a scenario with a few well chosen lines.

Brave souls like Jose Cordonella always show up the flaws in totalitarian systems like the World Council, for if the ideas he espouses are a threat to them then their system is weak, and will always ultimately fall.
          -- Grey Mouse, thanks.
          You have made a very interesting political reading from this text.
          Yes, happily even in real world we have souls like Jose Cordonella to raise their voices and courage in opposition to governments like World Council.
          Salute for them!

Rita.

Comment

Working...
          X