Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

New Story Challenge

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • New Story Challenge

    Glad to hear you're making progress DC. I think the regular writing thing you mention is an important routine to get into, I've just never done it myself. That's another tip from you I should follow up on. I recall Mike mentioning in the QA that he tries to write at least 500 words per day, or that might have been a tip he had.

    Lemec, I came to a dead halt on my story. I'm half tempted to post what I had anyway...

    How's your own progressing btw?

    I've not sent in anything to any magazines. But I have been reading tons of stuff on evolution.

    Where did Manmiles go?

  • #2
    Hi Grey Mouser!


    Please post your story or partial story!


    I am sure it is very cool!


    hmm, I do not know where Manmiles is. Busy, I guess. Maybe he will come back saying he has a book deal or something! hehe That would be cool. ;)



    I'll know where to find an evolution expert,now! :)


    I sent my story to Prototype X, hahaha.

    I was not totally happy with my story, but I thought maybe someone else
    might find something good in it.

    It was not my latest sword & sorcery tale, it was a new story, an outer space tale. I just hope that it shows up ok when they open the file, I might have to correct it and send it again, I will wait and see what happens.


    -Lemec

    "With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

    Comment


    • #3
      OK I'll post it soon Lemec. Just need to make a couple of changes.

      Have you thought any more about re-writing Assembly of Conquest since you posted it here all that time ago?

      Wonder where Az went to?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Grey Mouser
        OK I'll post it soon Lemec. Just need to make a couple of changes.

        Have you thought any more about re-writing Assembly of Conquest since you posted it here all that time ago?

        Wonder where Az went to?
        Excellent!


        That's a good idea. I thought about the story alot. I think I will expand it sometime. I just did not really add the changes yet on paper, just in my mind's eye.


        Az, stopped by here for a bit, then went back to working on whatever he has been doing to get things in his life organized,I think.


        Thanks!


        -Lemec


        P.S. Thanks for remembering my story. :oops: I am happy that you mentioned it.
        Last edited by lemec; 08-16-2006, 04:57 PM.

        "With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

        Comment


        • #5
          I'm thinking of attending a writer's course in NYC after xmas (when I can afford to blow $400 on a 10 week course). I don't find it too difficult to get words on the page, just finding the time to actually do it.

          Its definitely tricky.

          Still struggling with dialogue...
          Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

          Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by devilchicken
            I'm thinking of attending a writer's course in NYC after xmas (when I can afford to blow $400 on a 10 week course). I don't find it too difficult to get words on the page, just finding the time to actually do it.

            Its definitely tricky.

            Still struggling with dialogue...


            Oooh! That sounds outstanding!


            It would also be cool if they gave you a certificate for the class!



            I might try something like that some time, or maybe hold out until somebody
            offers a Moorcock class, that was previously mentioned somewhere on here under cool things we would like to see. ;)

            "With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Grey Mouser
              Glad to hear you're making progress DC. I think the regular writing thing you mention is an important routine to get into, I've just never done it myself. That's another tip from you I should follow up on. I recall Mike mentioning in the QA that he tries to write at least 500 words per day, or that might have been a tip he had.

              Lemec, I came to a dead halt on my story. I'm half tempted to post what I had anyway...

              How's your own progressing btw?

              I've not sent in anything to any magazines. But I have been reading tons of stuff on evolution.

              Where did Manmiles go?
              Mouser - you should definitely put up what you have. Sometimes I find that if I lose the thread of a story I can put it away for a bit and work on something else - then come back to the old one with a fresh perspective. Even a single new idea can create a whole bunch of text.

              I got totally stumped though on that first piece I put up - with the geriatric main character - but I read Raymond Chandler's The Big Sleep for the first time a couple of weeks ago, the beginning of which features a very similar character (and some vivid description I'm quite envious of). Anyway it gave me a lot of ideas how to progress things - how that sort of character might act, what his motivations are etc.
              Batman: It's a low neighborhood, full of rumpots. They're used to curious sights, which they attribute to alcoholic delusions.

              Robin: Gosh, drink is sure a filthy thing, isn't it? I'd rather be dead than unable to trust my own eyes!

              Comment


              • #8
                I was going to post it last night but chickened out again. Maybe tonight?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Please,please! Post away!

                  "With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Here it is:

                    http://www.multiverse.org/fora/showthread.php?t=3997

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X