Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A Text of Mine (III)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Text of Mine (III)

Hi, folks!

This is another text of mine. I hope you like it.
    Commentaries will be welcome.
    Oh, please remember my original language is Portuguese not English, for this reason forgive me eventual mistakes.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

THE TIME AFTER
    By Rita Maria Felix da Silva

"Where am I? It's dark here! Is there anybody else there?"
    "Cliché questions, Carolina."
    "Who are you? I can't see him."
    "Do not be afraid. I will be with you during this crossing. What is the strongest memory in your life?"
    "What a strange question! I... The book "Eight Minutes Under Water", Nora Winterwood's. I love it. Hugo doesn't like... Where is he?"
    "The party at the boat during that storm. You have drunk a lot. You have fallen into water."
    "I... Sank remembering 'Eight Minutes.. '. Hugo shouted..."
    'He never confessed he loved you. He also almost drowned himself trying to save you."
    "What are you saying?"
    "You died."
    "Lie!"
    "I am sorry. Start to walk. We have a long walk till... A better place, where the deceased Nora Winterwood waits to meet you."

END
    Last edited by RitaMaria; 06-18-2006, 09:31 AM.

Chilling!
    Very good, Rita-Maria!
    Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
      Chilling!
      Very good, Rita-Maria!

LEtranger,
      Kind friend, I miss you.
      About your comment I just say
      Multiversally thankful!
      :) Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

Comment

Fantastic images, RitaMaira! There is a great deal of story in those few words. I like that you leave so much room for us to imagine it.

Comment

:up: Nice piece
          "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
            Fantastic images, RitaMaria! There is a great deal of story in those few words. I like that you leave so much room for us to imagine it.
            Doc,

Thank you very much. I have written this text as part of my activities in OE - Oficina de Escritores (something lik "Writer's Workshop"). a group of brazilian writers in Web. The challenge in this activity is writing a text with till 120 words. In Portuguese, except "By Rita Maria Felix da Silva" and "End", this text has exactly 120 words.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.
            Last edited by RitaMaria; 06-18-2006, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X