Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

London Dates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London Dates

I have a partial schedule re. my visit to London in January 2006.

Monday 16th January 9.00am Radio 4 START THE WEEK.
    Recording in afternoon for Radio 3's NIGHTWAVES (don't know broadcast date).
    Tuesday 17th January. Live interview with Clare English for RADIO SCOTLAND CAFE.
    Wednesday 18th January will be the main event, arranged by Blackwells at RADA. The Vanbrugh Theatre, RADA, Malet Street, London WC1. Tickets are priced at six pounds, concession five pounds. Customers can purchase tickets by calling 0845 456 9876 (Lines open Mon-Fri 9.30am to 6.00pm). In conversation with (was Iain Sinclair but he can't make it -- to be decided).
    Thursday 19th January Heffers Bookshop Event at 20 Trinity Street, Cambridge, 6.30pm in conversation with local radio presenter Mandy Morton.
    I'll also be recording for a Radio 4 programme called Imagining Albion: The Great British Future which will be broadcast later in the year.
    If other dates emerge in the meantime (I'm hoping to arrange a Manchester date that Saturday) I'll post it here.

I shall also be writing a 'front' for the Daily Telegraph Arts Section and doing interviews with several other papers, though I know no details yet.

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in Europe:
    The Whispering Swarm: Book One of the Sanctuary of the White Friars - The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction
    Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles - Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - Modem Times 2.0 - The Sunday Books - The Sundered Worlds

Pre-order or Buy my latest titles in the USA:
    The Laughter of Carthage - Byzantium Endures - London Peculiar and Other Nonfiction - The Sunday Books - Doctor Who: The Coming of the Terraphiles
    Kizuna: Fiction for Japan - The Sundered Worlds - The Winds of Limbo - Modem Times 2.0 - Elric: Swords and Roses

are those radio stations,by chance, also broadcasted on the internet? I will have to check their web sites.

Thanks,

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

HI, could someone over there in Britain please find out if the wavelengths of some of these stations are published so that we Continental Moorcockistas can try to tune in? There are so many different stations over there that it is pretty complicated finding the Telegraph's wave length etc
      (Joke, I know it is a paper!)

Oh, and Happy Birthday, Mike!
      Google ergo sum

Comment

All BBC radio is available over the Internet, and most of it for seven days after broadcast, so you don't have to catch the original transmission.

Here's the BBC Radio Player, which should give you what you need:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/mainf...od/index.shtml

Local radio stations (like Radio Cambridgeshire) may only be available as 'live' services.

Here's a link for Radio Scotland Cafe
        _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
        _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
        _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
        _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

very cool! thanks demos99 !!!!

:D

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Thanks, Demos, that's a great pointer.
            How good they keep the broadcast on the site for a while. :)
            Google ergo sum

Comment

Originally posted by LEtranger
              HI, could someone over there in Britain please find out if the wavelengths of some of these stations are published so that we Continental Moorcockistas can try to tune in?
              BBC Radio 4: FM 92.4-94.6, LW 198
              BBC Radio 3: FM 90.2-92.4
              BBC Cambridgeshire: 96, MW 1026
              BBC Radio Scotland: FM 92-95, MW 810 (looks like it uses the same FM frequency as Radio 4 - not sure how that works. :? )
              _"For an eternity Allard was alone in an icy limbo where all the colours were bright and sharp and comfortless.
              _For another eternity Allard swam through seas without end, all green and cool and deep, where distorted creatures drifted, sometimes attacking him.
              _And then, at last, he had reached the real world – the world he had created, where he was God and could create or destroy whatever he wished.
              _He was supremely powerful. He told planets to destroy themselves, and they did. He created suns. Beautiful women flocked to be his. Of all men, he was the mightiest. Of all gods, he was the greatest."

Comment

MANY thanks, Demos!
                Google ergo sum

Comment

Working...
                X