Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

A Text of Mine (II)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RitaMaria
    replied
    Originally posted by Grey Mouser
    I enjoyed reading this vignette Rita Maria. I find the fact that you are writing in a second language, and therefore using a slightly unexpected syntax to an English ear, lends an idiosyncratic charm and freshness to your diction.
    Grey Mouser,

Thank you very much because of your kind words.
    Yes, I am using English as my second language. Since I am from Brazil, my original language is Portuguese.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

Leave a comment:

• Grey Mouser
    replied
    I enjoyed reading this vignette Rita Maria. I find the fact that you are writing in a second language, and therefore using a slightly unexpected syntax to an English ear, lends an idiosyncratic charm and freshness to your diction.

Leave a comment:

• RitaMaria
    started a topic A Text of Mine (II)

A Text of Mine (II)

Free People from Multiverse,

Again I am here. This is a little text I have written. I hope you like it.
    Please, let me warn: my original language is Portuguese (I am from Brazil), not English, for this reason do forgive me eventual mistakes.

Rita Maria Felix da Silva.

DESERTICAL ONES
    By Rita Maria Felix da Silva

Hunting panzhur beasts, Ezir thought about what Kethen, his mate, had said for him, words from one time at which humankind still lived on Earth (this lie of the older ones): "You have be dry inside to understand the water".

(Kethen had found something among the ruins. The ancient Askhآ´rrir called it “bookâ€? and taught Kethen to understand the stories caught in there. She was fascinated. Ezir got furious. For him, this endless desert was your world).

Kethen said something else: she missed a thing she never had, “Love�. She tried to explain for him what was this, but Ezir became furious with that foolishness and he went away to hunt. Kethen cried.
    Ezir did not understand her sadness and, for this reason, something hurted his heart. If he knew the word it would be “Unhappiness�.

Note: the phrase “You have be dry inside to understand the water", in which this shortstory is inspired, is from brazilian poet Israel Azevedoآ´s poem.
Working...
X