Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

Just an Image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just an Image

...I found interesting.

color

sense of space

fantasy rooted in real world

real world as point of departure for fantasy

The big cliffs/castle turrets supporting those haughty 747 front offices are appealing. Brooding in silent apostrophe.

Too bad the aircraft in the foreground isn't more exotic--another 747, a VC-10, or even an A-340.

Anyway, sort of thing I like to hit in my writing now and then.

And the vortex swirling behind the 747. Worth setting aside for something.

Comment

Those are very nice pictures. I especially enjoy the first.

For more neat aviation pictures that border ont he sur-real, do an image search in google for the phrase "sound barrier"
      "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
      --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Hello, this is not a jet stream, but it is an interesting sky.

I took this photograph of a sunset in 1993 or around there. :D

You can see it at this link:

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...3EA06370207421

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
        - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I sent you a myspace add, Lemec. I'm "Glory to the Brave" =P

Apparently, everyones on myspace these days

Comment

Originally posted by Azariel
            I sent you a myspace add, Lemec. I'm "Glory to the Brave" =P

Apparently, everyones on myspace these days

Hello Azariel, thanks. Your site has a cool background. :D

I will add ya to friends as soon as I figure out this weird browser setting, it would not let me press the button for some reason,hehe.

Yep, myspace is pretty good.

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
            - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I get some brilliant multi-aircraft 'stacks', perspective distortion and vapour-trail/ cloud-cutting effects from my house under the Heathrow flight paths. Visitors often seem to find the aircraft both fascinating and intrusive; I never mind them, though it's a bit boring now concorde has stopped operating. One could never resist watching that howling dart as it glinted deep-orange sunlight off of canting wings, or curved like some dark predatory fish into the grey cloudbanks.

Comment

I stayed at a B&B in Twckenham a couple of years go. The jets flew only a few hundred feet above the garden on their way to Heathrow. Very enjoyable as I sipped my tea and wrapped my lips round cold toast.

'88-89 I lived in Whitestone, Queens, under the approach for LaGuradia. The 727s were still flying back then. What a racket. And they flew out (or in) about every minute and a half.

I've seen Concord flying twice. Both times it was flying out of JFK. First time I was several miles out in th eocean fishing. Roar and rumble! To be sure. The next time I was sitting on the becah at Far Rockaway. Very impressive.

By the way I was actually inside Concorde in September at the Intrepid Museum in NYC. My first impression upon stepping aboard was, "Jeesh! Being a passenger on this thing must have been like sitting down in an extreme roller coaster that you really don't want to ride on." Narrow, spartan, a suicide machine--leather seats and first class booze nothwithstanding.

There is an island in the Carribean where they land right over the beech--thirty or forty feet. St. Maarten:

More of this sort of thing:

http://rinonapo.atspace.com/sxm-stmarteen.html

http://www.airliners.net/search/phot...ne_version=6.0

And a video:

http://www.break.com/articles/lowland.html

Possible location for First P-X International Convention?

Comment

Ooh, yeah!
                  Or in Precontinent II, the Sudan. :roll:

Comment

Those are great picts. :D

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

The celts were ok, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Perdix
                        The celts were ok, too.
                        :clap: :lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Doc
                          Originally posted by Perdix
                          The celts were ok, too.
                          :clap: :lol:
                          :lol: That's fantastic! I heard of the Celts, but I had to look up the Picts.

;) I got so used to my friends using pict as an abbreviation I never thought it might mean something.

as it was said before by many, I learn something new every day.

-Lemec

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Rocket trails look mysterious as well. I have seen one like the one in this link, but it was not quite the same. They test rockets once in awhile above the desert, the Air Force base is nearby. :D

http://hometown.aol.com/padfuhrer/ro...ail_970623.jpg

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

Look up 'ghost rockets' on google (or Fortean Times) for more mystery-trail fun!

Comment

Working...
                              X