Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The Quest For POV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Quest For POV

So he told me work on the point of view, and i said i would. i looked back at my story and said, what's wrong with it the way it is? maybe i just don't *grok* the whole POV thing. maybe i just need to go back to basics.

Soooo... I went to the biggest local library I could find. nice writing section--if you want to know how to get published. or how to write poetry or for business or a play. I went through a great many of those books on the shelves to find a section on viewpoint, or point of view, or voice, or SOMETHING that I need to demonstrate in several different ways the same paragraph in different points-of-view. It was a no-go, boys and grrls.

Anyway, I did get one good book out of all this that had a couple of things I was interested in: Writing To Sell, by Scott Meredith. he mentions POV, at least. *sigh*

Determined to keep typing away at it until it's just right. thank you for flying our friendly ranting skies... ;)

Poetgrrl, if you have any specific questions on how to handle something, there are probably people on the forum who can help you. So just ask if you have questions.

S. Ombre

Comment

Morning! Yep, I know. Something cool happened, though. I turned around to the shelves behind me in my little office here and found what I needed. went to the library for nothing, apparently! :lol:

Found the Writer's Digest Handbook for Short Story Writing. I was just lamenting about this librarys' selection of books.

Man! Did you know you can find practically all L. Ron Hubbards books there, but I found only ONE of Harlan Ellison's. WHAT'S WITH THAT??

Comment

Originally posted by Poetgrrl
        Man! Did you know you can find practically all L. Ron Hubbards books there, but I found only ONE of Harlan Ellison's. WHAT'S WITH THAT??
        I've noticed that as well, it appears he's well loved though the movie of Battlefield:Earth ruined any chances of reading that thick-sized book. I had thought of donating my doubles of Elric and Conan, that way they have some "else" :lol:

Comment

Working...
        X