Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

PROTOTYPE X2 (or X1.1, or whatever we call it) SUBMISSIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PROTOTYPE X2 (or X1.1, or whatever we call it) SUBMISSIONS

...close in two weeks! :roll:
    ie. On 17th November 2006 (artwork excepted).

Do we have an artwork deadline yet? I'm just a tad behind schedule. :oops:
    "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
    --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

Perdix, LSN persuaded me to submit a piece, which I sent to him. He said he would forward it to you, but with all the stuff happening at the moment I'm not sure what is going on with it. Could you confirm whether you received it? Thanks very much.

Comment

Yes, all received HL! And thanks, very good!
        PWV - it's OK, I need to send out a shedload of pieces for illustration to the PX artists generally! So there's quite a while before art deadline.

Comment

Just checking. Is "The Wind Haunted by its Own Ghost" going to be in 1.1?

If possible--if it wouldn't be a bother--I'd like to correspond with the illustrator about ideas, if I could? That would be fun/terrific learning expereince.

Thanks.

Comment

Yes, it is!
            And yes, you can!
            Any preferences on chosen artiste for your work? I haven't sent it out yet. :roll:

Comment

Re: PROTOTYPE X2 (or X1.1, or whatever we call it) SUBMISSIO

Originally posted by Perdix
              ...close in two weeks! :roll:
              ie. On 17th November 2006 (artwork excepted).
              duly noted. :dizzy:

if i submit my rewrite tonight is it too late?

Comment

And yes, you can!
                Any preferences on chosen artiste for your work? I haven't sent it out yet. :roll:
                Let's her it for the sun god: "Rah!"

Um, no preference. I am very happy with Dee's work of course, and one day when that big publishing contract in the sky comes flopping down in my lap (no doubt chased down from heaven by thunderbolts, to be sure --*looks up and hears rumble rumble*) I hope some variation of Dee's merman and naked blonde crest will be found somewhere on the dustjacket in esoteric token of behind-the-scenes iconographic mythocognitive ante-consciousness loopy paranoid-critical whammy-zap.

Um, where was I. Naked blondes? Ah, the artiste. Well, I'll leave that to you, dear P, and hopefully the person will share with me their notions and so on.

Are we having fun yet? Wooooo! Woooooo! :lol:

Comment

I don't think that I'll manage to have anything done in time for this issue. I'm too busy with school. Maybe for the next issue.

S. Ombre

Comment

But...but...Ms Ombre! One can hardly consider one's education and entire future career, worldly earning-power and happiness as more vital than publication in PX, surely? Pshaw! :roll:

OK, CK! BTW, I have altered the title of your piece to 'The Ghost Haunted By Its Own Wind' and put in some extra phantasmal phart jokes...

PG, your PX copy will finish printing TONIGHT and be bound NEXT week! (I know I said that LAST week, but this time it's true...)

Comment

But...but...Ms Ombre! One can hardly consider one's education and entire future career, worldly earning-power and happiness as more vital than publication in PX, surely? Pshaw! :roll:
                      I agree. Drop out of school and devote your energies to writing experimental fiction.

And remember, if you do decide to stay in school, you're there for only one reason: to tell the kids about PX!

*thinking, hmm, how can I get LSN's daughter to pull a network news-grabbing publicity stunt....*

Um, Ms. Ombre, can you get someone to duct tape you to the top of your schools flag pole? And whilst up there you can wave a copy of PX in the air! :clap:

Comment

But I want to go into math and science in college, and I can hardly do that if I drop out of high school.

No, No, NO flagpoles, I'm really really really afraid of heights! :oops:

S. Ombre

Comment

Yes, all received HL! And thanks, very good!
                          Danke schon.

I don't think I will drop out of school either :lol:
                          Learning is too fun methinks. I also want to study science (physics) though I want to teach physics when I am older.

Comment

I don't think I will drop out of school either Laughing
                            Learning is too fun methinks. I also want to study science (physics) though I want to teach physics when I am older.
                            Yay! Another person who likes science. It's rather odd how many people at my private prep school in the US look disdaifully at those of us who want to go into the math and sciences. They look at girls even more strangely... I'm the only girl in my math class (AP Calculus BC) and in one of my science classes (AP Chemistry), it's kind of sad how few people, especially other girls, think that math and science are worthwhile. Do you want to teach Physics at the high school or college level HawkLord?

S. Ombre

Comment

I've thought a lot about where I would like to teach Physics, and it seems to me that I would be better suited to teaching it at high school. When children are at that age, it is not so much the actual teaching that is important but it is showing them how interesting science really is. Of course, when they reach the higher levels you do get to some really interesting physics. So I think I would like to teach at high school.

Comment

Working...
                              X