Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

KanderGrimm Recruitment Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KanderGrimm Recruitment Drive

Originally posted by KanderGrimm
    Just say the word DeeCrowSeer. I'd be honoured to be involved. :notworthy:
    I'm not sure how much you've read about what we're up to, but hopefully you won't find it too patronising if I give you the basics.

At the moment one of the projects the Enclave is hosting is a magazine/book called 'Prototype-X'. One issue has already been produced, featuring a new story from Mike. Unfortunately due to the size and full-colour status of that issue, it can't be reprinted for public consumption just yet. The next issue will most likely be smaller, and feature more b&w/greyscale artwork.

In terms of distribution, it's been suggested that some outlets prefer such publications to feature a decent sprinkling of comix. At present I guess I'm the only one submitting comix, which is great for me, but not so great for the reader or the editor. So, if that's something you're interested in, then there is a demand. If you don't write comix, then I know there are a number of writers here (myself included) who might be interested in pushing a script your way. I have stories and characters which I can't really do justice to with my comic strip style, so I'd be interested in seeing them appear in a "proper" comic book style. Just a thought.

Meanwhile there's another magazine in the offing, which I know virtually nothing about, but might also require some artwork:

[broken link]

I hasten to add that P-X doesn't pay, we're just doing it for... er... chocolate oranges, apparently. :)
    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-08-2010, 11:01 AM.
    "That which does not kill us, makes us stranger." - Trevor Goodchild

Re: KanderGrimm Recruitment Drive

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
    I hasten to add that P-X doesn't pay, we're just doing it for... er... chocolate oranges, apparently. :)

Oh, I love those! :D

Comment

Kander, are your services up for hire?

Comment

Originally posted by Azariel
        Kander, are your services up for hire?
        Are you trying to poach him already? I called dibs and bagsy! Dammit. :x

( :) )

Comment

:lol: well, i gotta finish my story first anyway!

Comment

Re: KanderGrimm Recruitment Drive

Originally posted by DeeCrowSeer
            Oh, I love those! :D
            Not just any chocolate oranges, but binary chocolate oranges! Mmmmmmmmm. :drool:

Plus, you get the immense notoriety that comes with having your work in such a fine publication as Prototype X.

...well, i gotta finish my story first anyway!
            ...and then submit it to Prototype X, right? Right!? [broken link] Right!?
            Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:23 AM.
            "Wounds are all I'm made of. Did I hear you say that this is victory?"
            --Michael Moorcock, Veteran of the Psychic Wars

Comment

I'm in Dee...As long as it's the orange flavoured ones and not those putrid tasting raspberry ones.
              ..he weeps with the wonder of suddenly recollected innocence, of something he believed lost as everything else is lost to him and which makes him believe, if only for this moment, that what he has lost might be, perhaps, restored.

Comment

I have a couple o' ideas for comics Dee. I'm actually taking a bit of a sabbatical trying to jumpstart an illustration career. I'll work on a story of my own, but if you'd like, send me a story or two and I'll consider illustrating that instead. I'm good either way...
                Though I'll probably feel nervous as a noodle in a chinese restaurant
                ..he weeps with the wonder of suddenly recollected innocence, of something he believed lost as everything else is lost to him and which makes him believe, if only for this moment, that what he has lost might be, perhaps, restored.

Comment

I'm actually taking a bit of a sabbatical trying to jumpstart an illustration career.
                  That's cool. I mean P-X might look good on a CV, but obviously I don't want to take food off your table!

I'll work on a story of my own, but if you'd like, send me a story or two and I'll consider illustrating that instead. I'm good either way...
                  Well, I'll be honest. What I have in mind is based on pre-existing characters I've created for my pulp stories (currently available for browsing via the link below), so I might have some rather pedantic notes about how characters and places should look, which may seem excessive for a three/four page story. 8O But if that doesn't scare you off, then I'd be very grateful for another window into the strange little city I've created. :)

Comment

Kander:

Your ikon,

[broken link]

is that your work?
                    Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carter Kaplan
                      Kander:

Your ikon,

[broken link]

is that your work?
                      If so, I could us a illustrator like you, itrs just the style of art that I like. :D
                      Last edited by Rothgo; 04-23-2010, 04:26 AM.

Comment

I tried to put a pic of my own as an avatar, but I couldn't get it small enough while still retaining any kind of quality. This image is from the book Earthman's Burden by Poul Anderson and Gordon R.Dickson. It's a series of short stories featuring the Hokas, a race of diminutive teddy-bear like creatures who emulate characters from Terran fiction. I'm not sure who the artist is.

Comment

Working...
                        X