Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

The official "LSN Get Your Butt Back Here" thread

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official "LSN Get Your Butt Back Here" thread

I'm new here. I like all you guys. And gals. And when someone is missing (for whatever reason) I do feel a space.

So. My whisper in a hurricane for LSN to get his butt back here! : )

I may be being unusually dense but what's happened? Why the vituperation ? My head hurts! :?
    Arioch, aid me! Blood and souls for Arioch!

Comment

ehm... sort of a carryover from the "Perdix's last post" thread.
      everything is okay now, but we kinda lost somebody in the "fray".

*wonders if my separate thread was not a good idea...* *worries*

Comment

Re: The official "LSN Get Your Butt Back Here" thr

Originally posted by Poetgrrl
        I'm new here. I like all you guys. And gals. And when someone is missing (for whatever reason) I do feel a space.

So. My whisper in a hurricane for LSN to get his butt back here! : )
        Seconded. LSN may be an arrogant, self-important, pretentious, touchy .... but this place really isn't the same without him. He and Perdix are the twin-axis around which most of the creative output in this enclave revolves. Not only does he spark some of the most interesting discussions, and write some of the best pieces, but, much more importantly, he does a massive amount to persuade others to share their creativity with the rest of us. Oh... and if he doesn't come back, that wretched cat will run out of control, with no-one to keep his various bouts of feline insanity in check.

Or, in other words...

LSN, Get your arse back here now. Or else! :x
        Arma virumque cano.

Comment

THAT'S NOT QUITE WHAT I HAD IN MIND!! 8O 8)

do i foresee a thread closure in the future for me? one step closer to being banned? *faints*

Comment

That better Poetgrrl?
            Arma virumque cano.

Comment

Originally posted by Kalessin
              That better Poetgrrl?
              awwww! *feels all warm and fuzzy*

Comment

As of the moment, I'm not sure that my dad is going to want to come back. He's still pretty irritated. I'll tell him what you said, but if he ever comes back it will probably be a while. Sorry if this is a dissapointment to any one. And my dad is not "arrogant, self important and pretentious," thank you very much! :x

S. Ombre

Comment

Hello S_Ombre,

I did not make that connection before. :oops:

I welcome LSN's advice. I learned a few things from him. He is very helpful. :D

Please come back LSN if you want. By the looks of it, everyone misses you. I think everything could go back to normal.

I don't really know what happened, but it looks like everything will be ok now.

I want everyone to be a part of the Miscellany. ;)

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
                  - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Originally posted by S_Ombre
                    Sorry if this is a dissapointment to any one. And my dad is not "arrogant, self important and pretentious," thank you very much! :x
                    He may not be, but sometimes I get that undercurrent from his post though. I just never said anything cause I can always skip an LSN post!

Comment

Originally posted by S_Ombre
                      And my dad is not "arrogant, self important and pretentious," thank you very much!
                      I think they're teasing, S Ombre... The main thing is, his input is well-received and appreciated. and if some folks take him the wrong way... well... too bad for them. that's why i started this thread. because he's appreciated. : )

Comment

Originally posted by Poetgrrl
                        I think they're teasing, S Ombre... The main thing is, his input is well-received and appreciated. and if some folks take him the wrong way... well... too bad for them. that's why i started this thread. because he's appreciated. : )
                        Or you can skip it entirely, like I said. No ones forcing you to read LSN posts, so its up to you. :|

Comment

Well, LSN is not pretentious, 'cos that implies 'a pretending of higher or deeper insight', whereas very often he has a higher and deeper insight :roll: . He is arrogant, in the nicest possible way, ie. with great self-belief and confidence in his stance and arguments, which is a trait essential to any leader or guide: most importantly, he has an advanced sense of HUMOUR, which is but one of the aspects we're all missing.

Poetgrrl shows all her usual sensitivity and eloquence in starting this thread, whether it be fruitful or otherwise. Obviously (given my parallel thread) I understand LSN's position, and would feel the same, I suspect. He will of course maintain his position on PX unaltered, but S_Ombre is naturally our best barometer of the Newburgian phenomena relevant to the current site! For the scientifically-oriented, note the familial resemblances in post character...

Comment

S_Ombre, please do send along best wishes to your father, from one who sees the joke in things, possibly too readily, and sometimes when the joke's not there at all.
                            "A man is no man who cannot have a fried mackerel when he has set his mind on it; and more especially when he has money in his pocket to pay for it." - E.A. Poe's NICHOLAS DUNKS; OR, FRIED MACKEREL FOR DINNER

Comment

There's always a joke there, somewhere...

Comment

Working...
                              X