Announcement

Collapse

Welcome to Moorcock's Miscellany

Dear reader,

Many people have given their valuable time to create a website for the pleasure of posing questions to Michael Moorcock, meeting people from around the world, and mining the site for information. Please follow one of the links above to learn more about the site.

Thank you,
Reinart der Fuchs
See more
See less

National Novel Writing Month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Novel Writing Month

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

Is anyone here getting involved in doing this?

I've been thinking about it, but I'm unsure at the moment.

Manmiles,

That sounds very interesting! Thanks for the link. A 175 page novel,eh? By November 1st, yeah we can crank one out. I will have to read more about it. I don't know how it would look in the end, but I might be willing to try it as an amateur. :clap:

-Lemec

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
    - Michael Moorcock

Comment

I did NaNoWriMo last year, actually, and managed to finish. It wasn't too bad... I'm trying again, this year.

Comment

Oooh... I'm tempted. Might join in just for fun now that I've got some more time on my hands. Just need to think of something to write about. :scratch:

Thanks for the link manmiles.

Comment

On second thought, this late in October, I would need about 90 pages a week, haha. :lol: I think I will have to pass on it this year. I might have been able to do it in 4 weeks. :oops:

"With a deep, not-unhappy sigh, Elric prepared to do battle with an army." (Red Pearls)
          - Michael Moorcock

Comment

Actually, it looks like the writting starts Nov. 1st and ends on the 30th. You have to be signed up by the 1st, not have a finished piece by then.

I'm thinking about it. Work has been bogging my writting down this last month (thus I haven't been around here much) and I could use an added boost.
            "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
            --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

If any of you get a chance to submit anything let us know how you get on. I can't take part myself as I write so slowly I'd need at least a years notice. Maybe next year's one for me.

Comment

I've been thinking about it and I don't think I can resist the temptation any longer. I think I'll have to take part, even if I turn into a zombie by the end of the month. It'll be interesting to see if there's a book in me somewhere. Hopefully I'll also be able to make it readable. lol

Comment

This is the chance I have been waiting for to write some epic pooh, and not have to worry about the guilt afterwards. :D But the guilty parties of writing epic pooh didn't even feel the need for guilt. Shame on them! :D

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamweaver
                    This is the chance I have been waiting for to write some epic pooh, and not have to worry about the guilt afterwards.
                    I think that's what my attempt will finish up as by the end of the month, but you're right, I'll not have to feel guilty about it. Epic pooh... a quest for toilet paper? 8O

Comment

The madness has begun. You can read my first thousand words or so and check on my progress here.

I met with some of the other budding writers in my local area on Sunday for a bit a party to celebrate the start of our novels. It was really good fun.

Has anyone else around here signed up?

Comment

even though there is more time than I thought, I probaly still won't get in on this contest.

Good Luck Everyone! :D

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I did not sign up this year. I've only been able to think of two novel ideas lately...one is that joint project I'm working on with a friend, the other is one that will require alot of background work and research...I doubt I'd be able to pull either of them off in a month.

Maybe next year though.
                          "In omnibus requiem quaesivi, et nusquam inveni nisi in angulo cum libro"
                          --Thomas a Kempis

Comment

Hello spaced_moorcock,

Your story is very detailed so far. I enjoyed it, it is a real good story. That would have taken me so long to make something like that, that I why I did not try the contest. it would probaly take me a month to write two chapters and they would not be good ones like yours. I read the five chapters that you sent, it comes together well. It sparked my imagination when I got to chapter three and four, those were really cool. It is all good, you did a good job of setting things up for the later chapters.

Very Good overall spaced, thanks for sending it to me in an e-mail, it was easier to see that way. Good luck with it, I think you could make a nice book out of it. :D

:clap: I applaud you.

-Lemec

- Michael Moorcock

Comment

I've decided to give up. I've been so busy at work that I realised I can't write 45,000 words and be satisfied with it in 2 and a half weeks. Plus, I've got stuff to write for other people's projects which should've been done in May. I also didn't think out the story fully and just had a few points which wouldn't have made the whole thing just rather crap. I'm my own worst critic, but I think I'll still write the novel, just not be so rushed now sadly. I think I need to get back into the swing of writing on a daily basis and actually taking time out to get back into writing more.

It's a bit of a bummer, but it's been a learning experience for me. Next year though, I'll be ready.

Comment

Working...
                              X